2016 Models Details Released

Andy

Historically, the Scorpa had a very tight steering lock and was a sharp turner on the old SY models. I have not had a go on the newer ones but the frame design seems to indicate that trait was retained.

The Shercos never had this trait, and some disliked the fact. I wonder if that has changed with the new frame?

Is the Sherco/Scorpa price the same now that the two are so similar?

Prices that I've seen suggest that the Scorpa is priced around £5400 full retail. Shercos are being pre-order offered (Inchperfect on Ebay) at £5050, certainly for the 250 anyway (I've been looking/dreaming, lol). Don't know if there's any delivery charges involved as well though.

Historically, the Scorpa had a very tight steering lock and was a sharp turner on the old SY models. I have not had a go on the newer ones but the frame design seems to indicate that trait was retained.

The Shercos never had this trait, and some disliked the fact. I wonder if that has changed with the new frame?

New sherco engine scorpa feels nothing like the old yam engine model in terms of steering. Much closer in feel to my 2012 sherco

I belive the framechange to the 2010 model was done to give the bigger four-stroke engine more headspace. This made it more easy to adjust the four valves on top of the sylinderhead. The fuel tank was moved backwards to give space and to put more weight backward to balance a more heavy sylindertop near the front. I notice that the new 2016-frame has enought space for the four-stroke engine. I hope that Sherco can do some modifications to their four-stroke engine first introduced in 2005. I myself ride a 2007 3.2F. After eight years of riding it brings a smile on my face every time. Trialriding is about having good fun. Best wishes from south-Norway.

• Like 1