Just Saying Hi!

adam1

I prefer Beta's with flywheel weight fitted and a slow action throttle. Apart from that they're good bikes. Grease all steering and suspension bearings and keep a check on the air box to see if water has got in. The main weakness is the brittle plastics. If you've not ridden trials bikes before they feel alien, but slow down, learn to control it and you'll find an engaging, challenging form of motorcycling. Get a bit confidence then try the easy sections at an event, it's the best way to learn. I'm still learning after 15 years.

I will take the bike out and try it with out then with and see the difference. I have given the bike a quick look over and it needs a bush in the rear brake pedal, and a new throttle cable as the outer sheath has split, also need rear wheel bearings other than that it's good. The tick over is a little fast but it's not been ridden for a while so might settle down. I haven't looked but I read a review on the 2011 and it said it had a drain on the air box? Cheers

The airbox might have a drain, but you still don't want to fill it with water!

The airbox and filter can get a bit mucky, seems water and mud splashes up under the mudgaurd/seat.

There is a cheap aftermarket airbox cover that keeps the crud out from the rear.

Reticulated foam (course open cell foam) stuffed around the top mount of the shock will stop it splashing up the front.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I can get some foam from work I think, anyone have a link to this airbox cover?

Looking forward to riding it as not been out on it yet. Rear brake pedal bush a little worn/ loose and the throttle seems a little stiff so need to look into that, prob a easy fix but I have noticed a crack in the outer sheath of the throttle cable so maybe it's letting water in? Either way a cheap fix what ever the issue is.

Cheers

Adam

This my new purchase hopefully get out at weekend, I have some filter material from my old marine set up I think and found that clear filter cover and one the goes under mudguard so will purchase them when I get back

Cheers guys

post-12469-0-10416000-1443072684_thumb.jpg