Top Rider Salaries

atomant

I thought I read somewhere that GG owed Adam 110K... one could speculate that was 1/2 a years wages
(or maybe a full year) pretty hard to guess. Pretty hard to guess what any of my neighbours make little lone a world top trials rider. More important to me would be if people think they are great athletes and give back to the riding community and from all accounts it sure looks like they are and they do !!!    

Total guess but several components to pay = basic salary + bonus for position in WTC etc + personal sponsors + appearance money/prizes at indoor trials etc.

Bou = 200+100+50+50=£400k

Raga = 130+60+50+40=£280k

Caby/Fajardo = 100+40+30+30=£200k

Dibs = 40+20+10+15=£85k

Total guess but several components to pay = basic salary + bonus for position in WTC etc + personal sponsors + appearance money/prizes at indoor trials etc.

Dibs = 40+20+10+15=£85k

That really is dreamland even a cursory look at the trials market should tell you that.

• Like 1

Dibs = 40+20+10+15=£85k

:rotfl:

Random aside: Honda is a 50 billion dollar company. They made something around 5 billion in operating profit last year. Throwing a few 100k at Bou to retain his services, make him happy, and keep winning world titles would be asinine not to do.

But also needless. What would, or could, the second highest paying team pay Bou? Montesa/Honda only need to pay a bit more than that. Bou wants the world titles as much as Honda & they give him the best set up to achieve that. It's not as though WTC riders have manufacturers tripping over themselves in a bidding war.

• Like 2

I thought I read somewhere that GG owed Adam 110K... one could speculate that was 1/2 a years wages

(or maybe a full year) pretty hard to guess. Pretty hard to guess what any of my neighbours make little lone a world top trials rider. More important to me would be if people think they are great athletes and give back to the riding community and from all accounts it sure looks like they are and they do !!!    

I though that was wat he needed in order to finish the season (so transportation, bike parts, catering, minders etc)

Edited by crazybond700

My guess probably was dreamland but if Mr Bou is not well paid I am surprised he has not had ago at another sport.

Any idea how much appearance/prize money is at Sheffield indoor?

I think people like graham jarbis and other extreme riders got better deals now than during their trial years.

• Like 1

I would think that Bou must be the highest paid trials rider of all time so 500k+ is totally realistic and it wouldn't surprise me if Fujigas was second with something very substantial too. All funded by the wealth of Honda of course.. Other riders like Raga and Cabestany on something like 100 - 200 k year.

Edit : I just looked up Honda's financials and they turned over £64.9 Billion - 2014 !

Edited by atomant

I would think that Bou must be the highest paid trials rider of all time so 500k+ is totally realistic and it wouldn't surprise me if Fujigas was second with something very substantial too. All funded by the wealth of Honda of course.. Other riders like Raga and Cabestany on something like 100 - 200 k year.

Edit : I just looked up Honda's financials and they turned over £64.9 Billion - 2014 !

Nowhere near 500k, there is a Honda lawnmower championship would that suggest they get paid a chunk out of the 64.9 billion, no, no no, trial is so small and most probably run for a year on less than Hondas f1 hospitality for one race