Is Ktm Looking At Acquiring Ossa?

bigmark1972

Gas Gas owns Ossa.

KTM buying Gas Gas would hopefully keep Ossa alive.  Bonus for those of us that restore and ride Ossa.

Makes total sense as it would bring Trials bikes to KTM. 

Rumors I have heard is that employees are not so happy about the purchase if KTM re-brands GG bikes as KTM vs letting the Brands continue.

Given KTMs resources I think it would be a good thing as long as it is to keep bikes and products available vs shelving the purchased companies products, i.e. buying market share just to kill it.  If it happens could be mean the end to any bikes that directly compete with KTM bikes, but I doubt they really consider them competition anyway, should just be a product line expansion.

I for one would vote yes on the purchase/merger, can only help two struggling companies.

Gas Gas owns Ossa.

KTM buying Gas Gas would hopefully keep Ossa alive.  Bonus for those of us that restore and ride Ossa.

Makes total sense as it would bring Trials bikes to KTM. 

Rumors I have heard is that employees are not so happy about the purchase if KTM re-brands GG bikes as KTM vs letting the Brands continue.

Given KTMs resources I think it would be a good thing as long as it is to keep bikes and products available vs shelving the purchased companies products, i.e. buying market share just to kill it.  If it happens could be mean the end to any bikes that directly compete with KTM bikes, but I doubt they really consider them competition anyway, should just be a product line expansion.

I for one would vote yes on the purchase/merger, can only help two struggling companies.

KTM clearly does not want to acquire extra factories. They sold the BMW freshly build husqvarna plant straight away. So thats why the workers dont want an acquisition. They will loose their job...

Edited by crazybond700

I don't think Ossa were ever "owned" by Gas Gas. The bikes were built in the Gas Gas Factory due to the local government putting up cash to keep both going. As per Gas Gas Ossa are talking of taking a bike to the Milan Show and restarting production.

I don't think Ossa were ever "owned" by Gas Gas. The bikes were built in the Gas Gas Factory due to the local government putting up cash to keep both going. As per Gas Gas Ossa are talking of taking a bike to the Milan Show and restarting production.

They claimed to ''join forces'', so merge on same base.

Firstly they only used parts of the production line of GG which was available, but later they did merge formaly. ''As Ossa CEO Oan Gurt phrased it, the two companies had to put aside their egos in order to realize a stable motorcycle company from Catalunya.''

But in reallity it did look a bit like an acquisition in the end.

• Like 1