300 4T

heffergm

Can anyone comment on how hard the 300 4t is to start relative to a 300 2t? I ask for a couple reasons:

- I have a problem with my right leg from an old injury, and kicking my current Sherco 300 2t all day at a trial is too much

- I'm considering going back to a Beta... but whether it'll be a 2t or 4t I'm undecided. I never minded the left side kicker on the 2t, which would alleviate my leg issue, but obviously the 4t has the right side kicker. So if it requires the same effort, it's kind of out of the question.

Would be interested in a 4T Beta too the new model is fitted with a injection system no carb anymore, thus starting should be easier but furthermost no issues while riding in the mountains.

I'am more an old style rider and too "just" have old bikes, but a 4T Beta Mmmmh very nice.

The older 250 and 300 4T that I have tried were both easy to start, much easier then Bultacos or SWM.

From Beta web site on 4T.  No mention of FI, just the Mikuni Cv carb.

Type: Single cylinder, 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled

Bore: 84mm
Stroke: 53.6mm
Displacement: 297.3cc
Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
Ignition: Electronic 12 volt, 85 watt w/ dual-map switch (aggressive or soft settings) Spark Plug: NGK CR7EB
Lubrication: Internal oil pump w/ cartridge filter
Carburetor: Mikuni CV
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Transmission: 5-speed