Worth Rebuilding?

jas

TY350, sat open out in the weather for a bit, crank is stuck transmission is free, I have the rest of the parts minus the wrist pin. Bore and piston are perfect. If it's worth rebuilding I'll send it to B&J Racing, just looking for opinions....

I know, it's a crime but I'm not the one who did this!

IMAG0131_zpse6xo4g38.jpg

Are you going to be able to source a rod kit, looking at the photo the crank is likely to need rebuilding as that little end bearing looks like it will have pitting the surface it runs in & the lower bearing will be the same

Yes, that will be done to this engine too. This engine is off my "parts bike" but the more I think about it, the more I am leaning toward making the "parts bike" a complete bike.... Not too much missing, front wheel, tank and seat and it would be complete. Might be kind of weird to have 3 complete TY350's though..... I have yet to pull the flywheel cover on the white framed TY, I'm thinking there have been some engine mods to it, it runs much different than the 84 stock bike I've had for years. Previous owner didn't have much info on it and he maybe rode it 10 minutes in the 3 years that he owned it.

IMAG0062_zpszc6nbwzq.jpg

The `86 was better, mainly if the rear shock is in good shape. Somebody sure tried to make it look like an `88.

Yeah, not sure what they were thinking. I got it from a friend that bought it out of California a few years ago. It's an excellent running and riding bike.