Return To Trials What Bike

jsyben94

Hi all

I've not ridden trials for the past 5 years and I gather things have moved on a lot. I need some advice as to what bike to buy now I know it obviously comes down to rider preference BUT after being out of touch with the sport i've got a few key questions. 

1 Gas gas gave gone bust is it easy enough to still get spares for Gas gas's ? 

2 There is a 2015 Joto gas for sale how sustainable is the brand ? Are they around for the long haul / are the bikes reliable ? 

Just looking to some experienced heads for a bit of input >

Thanks in advance

Ben

Safest buy is aBeta or a Sherco.Gas gas are meant to have an announcement on 18 October regarding their future,spares are ok at present.Jotagas have a new importer(Haven Trials) who report good spares availability.I have a2014 250 and rate it highly,no problems at all.Really you have to test ride them all to decide,but they're all far better than the riders.When you 5 something it's not the bike.

So many choices! I have thought about this a lot recently as next year I will get a new bike. Very tempting to look at the TRS or Vertigo as the new players. I do understand that people might hesitate to jump on the first year of a new project, but I think I'd go for it. Beta and Sherco are stalwarts that are probably great for any level of rider. Have to admit Scorpa has caught my eye a bit lately. Gun to the head right now my list would be:

1st choice- Vertigo

2nd - TRS

3rd- Beta

4th- Sherco

5th - Scorpa

I'd be happy with any of these. Thrilled in fact!

Gas Gas wont be a problem for the years comming. Still plenty of parts available now (bit biased I guess). But I think a sherco, scorpa or beta will do fine aswell. State is more important than brand.

Putting two brand that dont even sell bikes yet in your top choise? :blush:

Jotagas is difficult. I quess the bikes are quite good, but the whole picture (service, communication etc) is not there I think.

Edited by crazybond700

Gas Gas wont be a problem for the years comming. Still plenty of parts available now (bit biased I guess). But I think a sherco, scorpa or beta will do fine aswell. State is more important than brand.

Putting two brand that dont even sell bikes yet in your top choise? :blush:

Jotagas is difficult. I quess the bikes are quite good, but the whole picture (service, communication etc) is not there I think.

Some gearbox parts for GasGas pro are now not available in the UK and haven't been for a few months now! Really hope this is sorted soon to keep GG alive for the new owners.

Ultimately test ride all of them. One bike will fit you better than the rest, you can't go by what other people say is a good bike. They all fit riders differently. But my thought would be Stick with a brand that is still in production and not in financial crisis. A.k.a, Gas gas, Ossa. And Jota Gas is questionable at best.

Or buy a old Fantic and spend all your free time stocking up on whatever parts you find ...

Nevermind , I'll buy all the available Fantic stuff , Buy a 4rt and a few oil filters and live happily forever after !!! Incredible bike overall :)

Welcome back ,

Glenn B)  

Hi all

I've not ridden trials for the past 5 years and I gather things have moved on a lot. I need some advice as to what bike to buy now I know it obviously comes down to rider preference BUT after being out of touch with the sport i've got a few key questions. 

1 Gas gas gave gone bust is it easy enough to still get spares for Gas gas's ? 

2 There is a 2015 Joto gas for sale how sustainable is the brand ? Are they around for the long haul / are the bikes reliable ? 

Just looking to some experienced heads for a bit of input >

Thanks in advance

Ben

where are you ben?

The last 2 bikes I would think of buying are the 2 you named. Importer / manufacturer problems and potential lack of future spares supply would just rule them out for me no matter how good the bikes.

Beta?

Mont / Honda?

4Rts are great if you like riding dinosaurs. the best part is Riding an 05 4Rt is just like riding an 2015. Other than for graphics you can't tell them apart.!!!!

And unless your a pro , a SOLID , Competent bike is a good thing .... We all ride for pleasure , let's be real here , the newest trickest bike will fade away in 6 months , but having a solid , capable bike under you for the long haul can't hurt ... And how many of us can out ride our bikes ?????

Glenn B)