2015 Scorpa...

heffergm

So, did anyone buy one? Seems to have turned out that the new Sherco is essentially identical the 2015 Scorpa, so I can't imagine it's in any particular way bad. 

I had a really brief ride on a 2015 Scorpa Factory edition 300. To say I want it is an understatement, but as I say, it was a brief ride. 

I tried the 300 standard bike and it was really nice to ride, quite powerful so I think I'd prefer the 250 but I know a few people who bought them last year and love them and don't seem to have had any problems with them

I bought the 250 scorpa 2015 after 3 years on a 2012 beta 250 evo. Feels lighter than the beta and definitely more lively. Riding position is a bit more forward. Has very good steering lock like the beta. Engine is very torquey for a 250. Suspension is better than beta and it is very easy to keep the front light which I like. May wish it had more flywheel when the winter comes but so far very good. The steering feels more like a beta than sherco which feels like it wants to tuck under slightly to me. Air filter is same as gas gas and for me difficult to change compared to a beta. No regrets so far!

This past weekend i had a chance to ride a 2016 Scorpa 300 back to back to my 2012 Sherco 2.9. It turns much tighter feels smoother and more power as far as the engine. It is easier to ride in a section.  I think the rear brakes are better.  The map switch seems to make a difference as the 2012 did not seem to make a difference.  I didn't think that I would like the gas tank, air cleaner configuration, but did not seem to bother me at all riding it, seemed very much like my 2012 as far as width and feel.  Front forks felt very nice.  Rear suspension felt about the same as my 2012.  Overall, very impressed with the bike.  I have been told that the Sherco and Scorpa 300s for 2016 are virtually the same bike other than shape of the front fender, front forks and other minor differences.  A friend of mine has a 2015 Sherco 300, which I have ridden quite a bit.  The 2016 Scorpa feels very similar in engine performance, but with a tighter turning circle.  I was so impressed with the Scorpa I was ready to order on Monday, just to find out none are available for order in my area yet, so I ordered a 2016 300 Sherco, which should be in by November.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I can't stand about my 2015 Sherco is that the front end constantly pushes wide and washes out. Never had this issue with the Beta (on the Beta it was the clutch that drove me bonkers!). For guys who hop proficiently, I'm sure this is a non issue, but I'm wondering if the new frame on the Scorpa alleviates this at all. Sounds like the turning circle is better, so maybe the geometry has changed a bit...

May be worth trying dropping your front end by loosening off the triple clamps and pulling the fork legs up through by about 10mm.

This is a commonly used trick to reduce the washout effect on pre 65 and twin shock bikes, 10 minutes work may give you an improvement.

My 2011 Sherco wouldn't turn as well as my vintage SWM,cranked the damper adjustment way down to 4 clicks out from full firm,turns great now. It was set at full fast due to previous owner being capable of hopping the turns.I ride LOTS better with slowed duspension front and rear (-: