Compression Range

oldgrumps

Well the foam is back, emailed Betausa that I would like to have the cylinder replaced. I don't know whats causing the foam. Should I replace the compression dome? if that was warped would that be causing the foaming in the radiator?

Old

That cylinder is still suspect. Even a pinhole will cause problems. Tim should replace that cylinder. You will never trust it now. One of the things that has always been a benefit with Beta was their support when something wasn't quite right with a new bike. Sad if that has changed now.

Edited by dan williams

Oil gets whitish and foamy when water or coolant gets introduced to it. I think coolant is getting into the oil, perhaps from the waterpump seal, or ? When this happens you have to change the oil a few times as there can still be residual contamination after just 1 oil change.

Thanks for the replies. I have voiced my concerns to tim p. I also believe they should just replace the cylinder. When you spend $8 grand on a new bike there should be no defects, especially on the cylinder. Even if

that hole is not responsible who knows what other defects that cylinder has. Will keep you updated on this.

Ted

My dealer and Tim have decided to replace the cylinder. I'm very happy on that decision. It shows the kind of company they are by standing behind their product. I understand that every now and than something will slip by QC but they are doing the right thing. Another win in BETA's court.

Ted

• Like 1

Excellent, that's why I've been on Beta's since '89. A company that admits a fault and steps up is worth ten companies that deny and obfuscate.

A porous casting like you have is either defective or just waiting to be defective. Glad you got it resolved. Of course you will have work to do changing cylinders but you'll get a good look at the new one and that will help you trust it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...