4 Ride. New Montesa Motorcycle For 2016

guys

The frame maybe the same as on the 4RT, Forks and rear shock is different.....

If you want to by all parts from Honda, an complete 4ride will be the cheaper way....

(OSSA deliveres a Kit to change the trials bike into an explorer... )

For 2016 the seat will be about 2cm higher to get Euro4-homologation, I hope they will also change the gearing to make the bike faster on the road,,,,

Here are two pics from a 4ride without seat ( not mine, a friends bike who is actually in italy for testing it...)

Surely if you want a higher road speed,you would be better to buy an enduro or MX bike.

Higher gearing on a 4ride would for me completely spoil the whole idea.

Surely if you want a higher road speed,you would be better to buy an enduro or MX bike.

Higher gearing on a 4ride would for me completely spoil the whole idea.

If you have to use normal roads to go to the places were you can have fun the bike, it's not funny to ride much slower than all the others, so a speed level about 100km per hour is better for save road use, I only need a longer last gear, like an overdrive..... 

I had the same problem with my Explorer, road driving with 80km/h was no good experience...

Sadly it's doesn't qualify for the ACU Trailbike Trials series because it's wheelbase is under 1350mm and fuel tank capacity is under 5 litres. I don't know what the seat length is but that's the other criteria for bikes in this series. Of course, there are plenty of long distance trials not in the series - it's up to the organisers to decide what class it's in.

Unfortunately, it seems the manufacturers of trail/longride bikes don't know what an LDT is - if only Gas Gas would make a trials-derived 2 stroke Pampera again! The Sherco X-ride is within the rules and a good bike but IMO it ain't no Pampera.

The X-ride is a good bike but having played on and X-ride and a Pampera the X-ride isn't as trials ish and over all not any better.  I would love to try a 4 Ride to compare, I suspect I would like the 4 Ride better even with the gearing change over the X-ride not sure about it in comparison to the Pampera though.  

I love my 4RT so suspect I would at least like the motor on the 4 Ride better, but its about the total package so will not know tell I can get a ride on one.

I love my 4RT. It's been a great bike. It's done for my elbow though. Riding trails on it has been a blast, but my left elbow has been getting worse and worse, clonking if out too long. Not good!

So, I've been waiting months and had 4Ride on order with Mick from MSPORT. Very sad to hear he died suddenly :-( Very sad. Makes my dodgy elbow seem a very small issue.

Was hoping extra 4Ride suspension travel would help elbow but only one inch extra. All the dealers seem to have a waiting list now and I can't wait months and months for something more plush. So I went Orange!

Bought a Freeride 350. Have to say it's pretty brilliant after the 4RT. Plush! It's a different animal of course, but I'm loving the gearing for road sections and the extra oomph means it's easy to keep up with the traffic. I've put a trials handlebar on it, heated grips - yay! Is it as much fun as the 4RT? I suspect it will be, just in a different way. The grip is incredible! The 4RT better, but not by much! It has a starter motor...yep, something real nice about pressing that button. Today I was out for 2 1/2hrs. Pretty much went the same places I usually go on the 4RT. Did it all to be honest! Heavier clutch...not like. Whereas the 4RT is easier to ride physically, it's often upset when you hit hidden roots and branches, whereas the Freeride is much more composed (probably because of its weight and beefier suspension) so the work rate ends up similar, just different. I miss the extra steering travel as the FR is much tighter.

Biggest surprise for me personally is the fact that the trials skills I've learnt this past year have moved over seemlessly to the FR. Strongly recommend this route to off-roading if you're thinking about it and don't have a dodgy elbow! On that basis the 4Ride will be just brilliant. I have to admit the Freeride is a much better choice for me though. Never thought I'd be saying that! Think I may just have to keep both!

• Like 2

I would love a 2t freeride (or montesa?) however there is no place to enjoy it in our country. Need to buy part of Spain to be able to use it haha.

For even more enduro like motorcycle look at the Xtrainer from Beta.

Edited by crazybond700

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of is bike a lot. But I really like my OSSA Explorer and since this appears to be much in the same vein that makes sense.

The OSSA is 20lbs lighter- which I like. It has been quite reliable for me, a few things breaking here and there but as good as the KTMs I've had.

Perhaps the 4ride will be even better there- I know they get great fuel mileage, that would be a huge bonus.

The power delivery of the OSSA is fantastic, I've never ridden a Montesa so can't comment. I expect different (both are injected, so I wouldn't expect issues with elevation, temperature etc)

My Explorer is plated here in Washignton state (just an inspection and a couple of side reflector stickers)- and I expect the 4Ride would be the same.

50mph is fine on my bike - but with the tyres and pressures I run not very fun. Much better if I up p me up.

But I would expect the 4Ride to be superior.

For my use, I like the trials gearbox and the shifter far forward.

I hope they bring it to the States.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

need to bring this thread back up.. I want one so bad... us poor US market just can't seem to get it...  :facepalm:

maybe I should just get a second 4RT and build one?

4 Ride kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONTESA-4RIDE-FULL-KIT-PARTS-MONTESA-4RT-NEW-MONTESA-4RT-CHANGE-TO-MONTESA-4RIDE-/182228795532?hash=item2a6daec08c:g:d0sAAOSwJqpXoNIF

What would be the shipping costs of a 4Ride to the US? I've seen an estimate of about $700

Or would it be impossible to get it road registered?

Also, this e-bay kit looks far from complete. In essence, it is "just" a fuel tank, seat and light kit. It doesn't seem to include any suspension or brake parts. 

So you would miss a lot of parts, that make it a "real" 4Ride.

Edited by guys
  • Like 1