4 Ride. New Montesa Motorcycle For 2016

guys

Also, this e-bay kit looks far from complete. In essence, it is "just" a fuel tank, seat and light kit. It doesn't seem to include any suspension or brake parts. 

I looked at it a while back, and couldn't see the different transmission gears either. Also didn't see the shorter footpeg brackets, but they could be buried in there somewhere.

• Like 1

What would be the shipping costs of a 4Ride to the US? I've seen an estimate of about $700
Or would it be impossible to get it road registered?

Also, this e-bay kit looks far from complete. In essence, it is "just" a fuel tank, seat and light kit. It doesn't seem to include any suspension or brake parts. 

So you would miss a lot of parts, that make it a "real" 4Ride.

I know the kit wouldn't really make a 4RT into a 4 Ride but it would be about as close as I can get without importing one.  Now if it is really only around $700 then I do admit that it is tempting...  I also seem to remember it is more worth doing if you do more than one bike, but I don't know if that is really incorrect or not.  

As for road registered it depends on the state, there are some states that will let you road register an off road bike if you meet set requirements.  

As for the missing bits to make it a true 4 Ride, I think I could live with that myself to get myself close.  That and instead of getting a used 4RT I could get myself a 300RR to replace my 07 standard insted of a second older 4RT.  (well I can dream can't I?)   B)

• Like 1

need to bring this thread back up.. I want one so bad... us poor US market just can't seem to get it...  :facepalm:

maybe I should just get a second 4RT and build one?

4 Ride kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONTESA-4RIDE-FULL-KIT-PARTS-MONTESA-4RT-NEW-MONTESA-4RT-CHANGE-TO-MONTESA-4RIDE-/182228795532?hash=item2a6daec08c:g:d0sAAOSwJqpXoNIF

Was on the phone with a Honda dealer yesterday, interestingly he bought up the subject of the 4 ride, he said they told Honda they would like to offer them here in the US believes they would sell really well in his area, (north east). He also said that's all they can do is ask, no guarantees.. 

Was on the phone with a Honda dealer yesterday, interestingly he bought up the subject of the 4 ride, he said they told Honda they would like to offer them here in the US believes they would sell really well in his area, (north east). ...

I'm hoping Montesa is coming up with a 3E "Competition" version in addition to the ED version for 2017. It may be a lot easier to get that into the USA. Personally, I'd much rather have a 3E than an ED.

I looked at it a while back, and couldn't see the different transmission gears either.

Personally, if I were doing this I would use the trials ratios as a means of being able to raise the overall gearing to give a more sensible top gear which seems to be what the 4 Ride lacks. I understand it is the same as the 4RT.

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 months later...