Beta Rev 3 Brakes Sticking

steveswans2015

Hi my brakes seem to be sticking on front and rear, they seem to stick on for a while then slowly ease off can anyone assist me with this problem? Thanks

Hi, I had an '04 Beta with the same problems. Two things to look out for. Firstly there must be some play at the lever, about 3mm. If not he pads will bind and then get hot which will make them stick on.

Second, I found that however clean and serviced the brakes were the problems would start after the pads were worn past 50%. Change the pads as soon as you see any uneven wear. If you need to get to your monies worth, keep the brakes clean and serviced and rotate the pads regularly to even up the wear. Good luck.

Seen  a similar problem caused by dirt under the washer in the M/C not letting the piston return to the end of travel same as no free play on lever The rider wondered why the brake lock up on mud after a short distance When cold it was fine Check under the rubber boot for dirt and rust Remove clip and washer to clean them Does not take much to hold piston in M/C on