86' Ty350 Resto?!

jas

Here I go again, trying to talk myself into or out of another motorcycle restoration. I've already started on the engine and I had been debating on keeping it as a "spare" but I have the frame it came out of.... So toying with the idea of jumping in on another one. Any words of encouragement or discouragement would be appreciated.

I am missing the following parts:

Fuel tank, seat, front wheel, front axel, and the brake light switch.

IMAG0217_zpsmhordt1z.jpg

IMAG0220_zps1u2zomz8.jpg

I once used the front wheel, master cylinder and caliper from an `84 YZ125. It all bolted straight  on, except  a machinist made a bracket from the caliper to the fork that was just held on with hose clamps. Covered it up with a disc cover. Actually was a great working brake. Since you have a few TY`s, this might be an easier fix. 

I once used the front wheel, master cylinder and caliper from an `84 YZ125. It all bolted straight on, except a machinist made a bracket from the caliper to the fork that was just held on with hose clamps. Covered it up with a disc cover. Actually was a great working brake. Since you have a few TY`s, this might be an easier fix.

Hmmmm, that might be the way to go! This should probably be a custom build rather than a restoration....

Anyone have p/n's for the caged rollers and steel bushings for the swing arm? Also need p/n's for the shock assembly bushings.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.... Restoration on hold now, I just bought another 85 so.... 3 running TY350's is enough for now!

That didn't last long..... Decided to part out the last 85 and move forward withe the 86 build. It'll be a different bike than my other two.....

IMAG0325_zpslvsqdwtp.jpg

Parting this one out...

IMAG0386_zpsthk6r3fp.jpg

Frame ready to go to the powder coater..... It will be black.

IMAG0414_zpsoomqop2j.jpg