Any Easy Trials Coming Up In The North East?

totty79

I'm considering giving a trial another go. What trials are coming up in the north east that would be a good choice?

Either this weekend or November.

All I can see in the calender is a trial at Buttsfield Quarry but I think that's the last trial I entered. Two areas between sections were beyond me, fatigue was followed by crashes and the result was going home on lap 3 unfit ride for a month, that's really not what I'm looking for.

Looks like I should be able to make it. I'll be in a white transit with a 2012 evo 250.

slack, I'd like to take you up on the offer of a group to ride with, particularly for the first lap when I may need reminding of basics like flag colours.

Yet again fatigue led to crashes, but I don't mind as much when it's mostly due to the sections, after all they're the bits that are meant to test you. It got to the point where rocks started to steer the bike for me I was almost just a passenger.

I have a great list of excuses, but it'd take too long to type :-)

I've only got a burn and some bruises, but the bike needs a rear mudguard.

As far as the riding went I enjoyed some of lap 2. I enjoyed completing what felt like a major challenge, and the craic was good.

I'm not sold on it to be honest. I had a lesson at Bumpy on Tuesday and I found it more enjoyable - once bike repairs are factored in it may also have been cheaper.

Thanks for offering me an excuse, but to be honest I've also ridden since about 10, been riding on the road for 12 years, bought a trials bike at 33, now 36.

In reality I just don't invest enough time and effort to be any good at this sport, and that's because I don't want to. I don't aim to win I just want to enjoy riding, but practice alone in one location becomes boring and trials are set above my skill and fitness level. So in the short term I'm going to make more of an effort to improve, see if I can get to the point where bike and rider finish in one piece, if that fails I'll look for something else to do.

I have a new high score at 113 (36 sections), only got 86 (40 sections) on the only other trial I completed when I first started just a couple of months after buying my first trials bike.

My top excuses are: 

Prior to Sunday I've only ever ridden in a stream twice, only once was on this bike and that was 18 months ago.

I ride on average two to three hours a month so will never be bike fit and I normally only ride at Warden Law which is very different terrain.

I spent Tuesday on a 125 and it took a while to adjust back to a 250.