Bigger Motor To Oset 12.5

redline2097

15AH. 3-4 hours running time at least. KDS48100E Kelly fitted. I think revolt is good considering power/weight/price-ratio. Which pit bike chassis are you planning? 

I thing I am going to order Kuberg cross next year. 1590 euros including shipping. But waiting for their 14kw version.. Boom! :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested battery today we drove 22 km in woods and grass with my boy. 1,5hours and we lost 40-45% of battery. Average speed was around 18kmh and top speed 35kmh. Our path were nowhere near flat, total ascent 326 meters and descent 366 meters. The on flat surface I think we can get 5 hours of juice and about 60km. Enough for our needs :) 

Edited by redline2097

Oset 16 was just too tall and saved about 500 euros for converting Oset 12.5 Eco to 16 racing. I have Kelly Controller added to motor and it pulls 50A with 40volts lipo pack. So 2000 watts of power. The on off throttle is gone and I will tame it with throttle tamer so these two scenarios work at the same time:

A) When slightly turning the throttle acceleration is very smooth

B) When turning throttle fast it Accelerate like a beast. 

My kid can do 20 meters wheelspin on sand with it. :D

Which battery package do you use?

5h with a 15Ah?? that's huge.

your kid weights how much then?

I'm thinking of buying a Kelly controller too then.

What do I need to buy extra for the configuration of the throttle and current?

btw: you seen the price of the OSET MX10 :wall:

https://www.alfa8.bike/OSET-MX-10

They are nuts!

My kid weights 15kg (33 lbs), just turned 3 years. We added bigger fuse, relay and wires. I think we buy this next year:

http://www.kuberg.com/p-4-cross.aspx

There is also coming Kuberg Cross 14kw super edition, if that is under 3000 euros we will consider the purchase it. :)

My kid weights 15kg (33 lbs), just turned 3 years. We added bigger fuse, relay and wires. I think we buy this next year:

http://www.kuberg.com/p-4-cross.aspx

There is also coming Kuberg Cross 14kw super edition, if that is under 3000 euros we will consider the purchase it. :)

I would be very wary of the claim of 14kw.. even 8kw  the so called 14kw bikes I have seen in racing conditions (with allegedly power turned down to 8kw ) and they defo do not have even 8kw's on tap( more like 2 const at most in my option for what its worth)  really need to see the size of the motor to be 100% sure .

out-runners can produce much more power for there size than a equivalent in-runners this is mainly due the the kv is so much higher bit there other factors also.  it a revolt motor was geared well the yes 5-8kw will be possible maybe even 12kw in bursts 

out-runners can produce much more power for there size than a equivalent in-runners this is mainly due the the kv is so much higher bit there other factors also.  it a revolt motor was geared well the yes 5-8kw will be possible maybe even 12kw in bursts 

Hmm can you repeat that in less technical language :-)

So I would need the revolt motor, Kelly controller, throttle, wiring.

Then transmission: reduction necessary or does it depend on the front and rear sprocket?

If this is affordable I'll look for making my own electric MX.

Suspension of the Oset 16" is really crap compared to the KTM's , even PW50's...

PS: the throttle of our 16" is dead. Its 2011 model.

Will any ebay throttle do? Hall type?

http://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=NEW+ELECTRIC+SCOOTER+%26+E-+BIKE+THROTTLE+GRIP+1-4.1V&_sacat=0

http://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/i.html?_odkw=NEW+ELECTRIC+SCOOTER+%26+E-+BIKE+THROTTLE+GRIP+1-4.1V&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=E-+BIKE+THROTTLE+GRIP+hall&_sacat=0

thanks!

Kv is the RPM at which a motor will spin per volt , if a faster motor is geared down in speed the this gears up the available torque ( can be just gear ratio between the front and rear sprockets ) , 120kv of the revolt is quite high so would need a fair bit of gearing down compared to the standard motors which are around 60-70kv... the higher the kv = lower winding resistance therefore thicker wire can be used so can take more current. .. outrunners also tend to have a larger rotating mass than inrunners of the same physical diameter. magnets remain cooler with outrunners.  Outrunners are not the best design for use on bikes as they tend to be quite open to the elements and debris can enter the motor.

Yes any hall throttle should work.

Kv is the RPM at which a motor will spin per volt , if a faster motor is geared down in speed the this gears up the available torque ( can be just gear ratio between the front and rear sprockets ) , 120kv of the revolt is quite high so would need a fair bit of gearing down compared to the standard motors which are around 60-70kv... the higher the kv = lower winding resistance therefore thicker wire can be used so can take more current. .. outrunners also tend to have a larger rotating mass than inrunners of the same physical diameter. magnets remain cooler with outrunners.  Outrunners are not the best design for use on bikes as they tend to be quite open to the elements and debris can enter the motor.

Yes any hall throttle should work.

Revolts KV:s are between 40-50. 

RV-120 regular KV: 45

RV-120 short KV: 49

RV-120 pro KV: 43

http://www.revolt.org.il/rv-120/rv-120pro-2/

120 is the diameter of motor in mm.

Edited by redline2097

ok 45kv is ok but as I said the slower the wind the less torque it can make depending on gearing.. if its geared to high then it will get hot, for that diameter motor (120mm)@ 45-50kv you should still looking at around 3-4kw with 8kw bursts.

the golden motors are very heavy :-)   thats all im going to say about them and also dont bother with the WC version its not worth the extra cash.