Rear Suspension Bearings?

irishjohn

Thanks Reggie.

FYI, I have located a source for HK1512 bearings which will replace the OEM DL1512 bearings. 

IBT

PO Box 873065

Kansas City, MO 64187

Tel, 913-677-3151

Fax 913-677-5510

I picked up four HK1512 bearings from their local branch shop, cost $9.00 each.

The HK1512 bearings are caged roller bearings unlike the OEM DL1512 bearings.  Also the rollers in these bearings do not have the pointy tips which eat through the bearing case like the OEM

IBT also offers the HK 1520-2rs which will work for the newer GG bikes.

Agreed.  Use the HK1520-2rs bearings and then you don't need the OEM type seals (which leak and fall out).  The dog bones are 20mm wide.  You will probably still need to source the inner rings (bushes) as a Gas Gas part as most bearing suppliers don't sell them.  Gas Gas part numbers are BT27712014 (20x15x8mm) 2 required and BT27712005 (20x15x10) 2 required.

This only applies to the four dog bone bearings. There's another two in the underside of the swing arm with two 3mm wide seals. You can't use the HK1520-2RS in there as the total width will be too wide (40mm vs 38mm total). But those bearings a well protected and don't give as much trouble.

Chris.

VXB bearings has everything you wold ever need. I get all of my suspension and wheel bearings from them including the spherical bearings. 

--Biff

I've been using VXB for years , For all sorts of projects . If you have accurate dimensions , you can find just about any type of bearing there is , and the prices are quite fair too ...

Glenn B)