Backfiring On Evo 4T

pudrev3

Hey guys I've had a few problems lately with the backfiring issues , it turned out that the exhaust wasn't sealed correctly which sorted it out , but then it's started with a new problem , somebody told me to richen the carb so I dropped the needle to the bottom setting on the pin but when it warmed up a had a different problem it would be hard to start , if I blipped the throttle the idle would drop below and nearly stall so I have taken the pin up 2 settings and its backfiring again I'm gonna drop it down one and see what that is like , but my question is , I went out today in really bad weather and as soon as it got into the wind and rain it ran really bad , was hardly ticking over and backfiring like mad , when the weather calmed down it ran a lot better could this be a sign of anything , any help would be appreciated cheers guys

Long shot, but check your air box has not got oil in the base from the engine breather.

This can cause poor running and backfiring particularly on large throttle openings ie on hill climbs.

Edited by jfc

Also I've bought a side stand and support does anybody have any idea how the support bolts on as the bracket looks completely wrong I can see the 2 alloy coil holes inside swing arm but the holes in the support are completely different I've checked part number and it seems to be the correct one they have sent , could do with seeing one really but hard to fing 4t s about

When i had one it had a backfire, but didnt fiddle as it ran well and wasnt a problem.

only time it caught me out, it blew the carb boot off during a trial! Didnt realise as it was just off (couldnt tell) , wouldnt start, long push back to the car. Realised what it was when I got home, and was just happy it wasnt high expense ! So check jubilee clip tightness .....

cheers

john

I think they have sent me the wrong bracket it's got the right part number but it is completely wrong I've just found a post on here with a picture of one and it's completely different

What year model is your bike? I remember the kickstand mounts changed mid year in 2009 when Beta updated their swingarm design.

Popping on deceleration is a lean condition and can usually be corrected by turning the fuel screw out,