Montesa Cota 200

sprite125cc

Casing cut away is a good idea. Done it on all my Mont twin shocks since the early 80s. If you take care with stitch drilling the shape 1st it's a doddle or I can do it for you no problem. I do away with the lower tube and fit a proper spring loaded tensioner. You still need the top tube to keep the crud off the chain to take the place of a standard style chain guard but trust me a plastic tube will NOT stop the chain wrapping round the front sprocket if it snaps or comes off the rear. I can show you another trick to stop that if you want. Can email pics of mine if you want.

Casing cut away is a good idea. Done it on all my Mont twin shocks since the early 80s. If you take care with stitch drilling the shape 1st it's a doddle or I can do it for you no problem. I do away with the lower tube and fit a proper spring loaded tensioner. You still need the top tube to keep the crud off the chain to take the place of a standard style chain guard but trust me a plastic tube will NOT stop the chain wrapping round the front sprocket if it snaps or comes off the rear. I can show you another trick to stop that if you want. Can email pics of mine if you want.

Hi Stannergas,

Could you email me the pics if you would be as so kind?

hardtofindtwinshocktrials@gmail.com

Thank you,

Mark

Hi Mark if you can let me have details of cutaway on case over gearbox sprocket and what you think is the best carb. Also what chain tensioner do you have on.i would like to talk to you.as you seem to know the 200montesa well any chance of a tel no? My no is 2821993 I am near leeds many thanks Arthur.