Ossa Future

jagman_swe

They are a great bike, the only mistake I think they made was not including the leads for remapping and diagnostics. With the leads they are very easy to maintain and keep running at optimal level. I would have another if they resurface, if not I'll keep the one I have and enjoy it!

It was not "a great bike" or else it would have sold well.

Look at the ossa starting thread, listen to the sound it made at the wtc up close when it first came out, didnt it have plain bush bearings in the rear wheel, and thats without the importer swapping gearboxes halfway round the SSDT.

Well Nige, what do you say about GG then, loads of bikes sold, most popular trial bike i would guess, still sank!

A lot of your posts are interesting, but then you fire off one that makes you sound a right T*T

I think in the short time they were going they sold a reasonable amount of bikes, it was the dodgy build quality etc that harmed them.

And a littlle spendthrift as well!! 

GG had/has (did) but they still came back, (well not now!)

I would buy one if they start up again...and i've had loads of aggro with them.

Ian

Im assumming sometime when driving your van around delivering stuff Ian youve seen the Gas Gas factory, even you can work out it isnt cheap to open the doors, let alone develop and build an enduro bike that didnt sell well, have a big truck at wtc and so on?

You may regard the ossa differently because you have one but that shouldnt preclude you from being objective about it.

How many sold in the east midland centre in the years they were going?

Nige, i know what you are trying to say, ive never been to GG factory or anywhere near, i say what i think, i dont care if its not what people agree with, ive given my opinion on the bikes, yes i have one, well two, but ive already said i would have another, and mentioned the aggro i  had with both, but still i think, and it my opinion and mine alone that they are a very good designed machine. it suits my riding and i enjoy riding the bike. if it was crap i would say so, no worries about that.

Its just you seem to fly at subjects shooting from the hip, and expect everyone to accept what you say.

I guess its all speculative at the moment if GG come back as before, or if Ossa will return, i have my doubts.....

But the bike is fundamentally a brilliant design, made by a flawed set up, ah well.....i'll keep riding it for a bit, now ive got both Ossas back from the thieving scum that nicked them...

Regards,

Ian

Edited by imexian
  • Like 3

My OSSA is still going strong ( some 250 hours) and I like it more all the time.

Yes, the diagnostics cables should have come with them. I got a set of the aftermarket ones, work great and easy to load a new map and make any needed adjustments.

I have a 2014- I understand the early ones had a few teething problems, but loads of new bikes do.

Mine starts well, runs fabulous and is very reliable.

I really really dont ever dispute that one bike (in this case ossa) suits one person more than another, or at least we think thats the case, so be it!

What i said in a nutshell is that as a bike which appeals to enough people to sell to keep the brand alive just didnt happen.

FWIW if i loved them as much as you do, id watch out for them for sale cheap and buy one for spares.

Will do the same with my gasser if the reincarnation doesnt hapen.

GG ?? sheds of bike sold......

Its not that im bothered if you like or dislike Ossa or anything else for that matter, its the constant disparaging remarks you always seem to make whether it be personal or bike related. 

Also seems like you have a direct line to the CEO of every bike manufacturer, past and present...

I like the Ossa, if it comes back, great, if not bummer..... but sh*t happens.

Maybe you should lighten up your posts a little!

Anyway, i'm going to try to get a ride in now, if the Ossa doesn't  break down!!! If it does, i'll tell you about it......... :hyper:

If you want to stress, moan about how crappy the weather is at the weekend every bloody week.......

Ian

Edited by imexian
  • Like 5

From what I've been told- at least in the States a LOT more could have been sold, but the factory couldn't supply them.

Also, very few dealers around. That will stop many people.

I've had oddball stuff most of the time, so it didn't bother me.

I'm not sure the bike itself had a lot to do with lack of numbers at all. In fact I would suggest that the bike is so good is the only reason so many were sold at all. (Or perhaps just to wierd guys like me that like something different)

Too bad they didn't have the funding to build supply more bikes and expand dealer network.

Plus if they could have actually built (with proper development of course) the Enduro model I think many of those would have sold. IF they could have kept the weight down and kept performance and reliability.

Mark

(Edit: I think what I'm saying is I don't believe how bad the OSSA was had much to do with not huge amounts being sold. I actually think how good it was had to do with how many were sold even with all the other reasons to not sell)

Edited by lotus54

It was not "a great bike" or else it would have sold well.

Look at the ossa starting thread, listen to the sound it made at the wtc up close when it first came out, didnt it have plain bush bearings in the rear wheel, and thats without the importer swapping gearboxes halfway round the SSDT.

You always hark back to "when it first came out", that was 2011. My 2013 factory starts third kick from cold and first kick when warm thanks to improved mapping which I can do myself with the leads. You also keep going on about first batch gearboxes, how many of the newer bikes have failures? I am sure there are some but there are also gas gas boxes with issues and you would think with their time in production they would have it correct by now but apparently not. Same with rear bushes on the wheel, they tried something new and it didn't work so they fixed it. Regarding your comment about selling well, they are only out of business because they were dragged down by gas gas, the biggest manufacturer. Anyway, back to you dabster to pull down something else with your know it all attitude, perhaps Eddie can jump on the bandwagon as well.

GG ?? sheds of bike sold......

Its not that im bothered if you like or dislike Ossa or anything else for that matter, its the constant disparaging remarks you always seem to make whether it be personal or bike related. 

Also seems like you have a direct line to the CEO of every bike manufacturer, past and present...

I like the Ossa, if it comes back, great, if not bummer..... but sh*t happens.

Maybe you should lighten up your posts a little!

Anyway, i'm going to try to get a ride in now, if the Ossa doesn't  break down!!! If it does, i'll tell you about it......... :hyper:

If you want to stress, moan about how crappy the weather is at the weekend every bloody week.......

Ian

If youre not bothered why comment? Come on Ian youve had some really good results on your gassers( http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/27131-ian-margetts-wants-to-ride-my-beta/),get the Ossas sold to twinshock giles grab a gas gas / Beta and then you too can lighten up?

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1