Ossa Future

jagman_swe

GasGas has remarkable brand loyalty and whether they are small improvements or not buyers will be queuing up for new models.

Ossa also have developed a keen following but just not enough. They'll need more investment from perhaps regional government "keen to create employment and spearhead a tech revival in Catalunya involving or course cad design students to help with model improvements , which will educate them in the process. With your investment this incredible design will succeed ". And.... they're back on the merry go round .All sound familiar ?. We will see. It'll be a huge pity if they can't work it out, but they have no right to exist and we all know the market is tiny and not growing. Surely the correct approach is to enjoy what we got from the new Ossa and let it lie, allowing the new companies a bit of space ?. The term flogging a dead horse comes to mind. They've had their chance and time had shown they unfortunately weren't viable.

• Like 2

Well said Crazy... Yes i remember the KTM bikes were scorned, (in the eighties/ninety's) especially from the yanks!! who would buy this euro crap....now look who's laughing?? deffo not the japs!!!

Andy, Dabster, you are a strange and complex individual, your posts can be very informative and useful, but on the other side can be very narrow minded?

I have no brand allegiance , to me a machine is nothing more than that, a machine! what i have been trying to convey is that the Ossa is a very good bike, if they fluked it just for the euro payout, as 249 (james said) then its a good fluke!!

It seems you have a very brit mentality, build something, then knock it down, i sincerely hope that Joan Gurt can resurrect Ossa, it wont be for any reason other than i thought the bike is (was?) a great design that had a shedload of potential! 

What will be will be, if it proves right and they go again, well good on them, but at least i wont gloat on a small factory that tried to do something original but failed...... even if the idea was to grab the euro slush fund, i dont suppose the ordinary worker gave that a thought either?

Regards,

Ian 

• Like 3

Well if I wasn't dreaming last night dropping in quickly thought James had a post explaining some things (removed?) and have a look at the Salva interview to find out where the dark clouds above the Ossa factory comes from. Nice interview!! Me myself is neutral but want all Ossa owners and myself to be able to find spares for our bikes (at least for 2016 unless I go for 4st again (loved my Beta Evo 4T)).  /TJ

• Like 1

Nothing personal, you know that!

read my post above properly, your blinded by trying to be right on everything...

You have your say, everyone has to agree with you then all good!!! :chairfall:  i don't agree with your view, i said what i think, i've now repeated it a few times, bike good, design good, build quality shaky, especially early models,  management dodgy, very slight chance could make comeback??? maybe..... If not i'll keep riding it until i want/need something else. simples!!

I'm off to do some crap work now, to pay for all the gearboxes etc i need.... :hyper:  :hyper:

• Like 1

No problem with spares from what I've seen.

I'd buy another if I had the cash.

I still say low sales volume had nothing to do with the bike- and everything to do with marketing, number of dealers, and capacity.

I have under good athority that many, many more could have been sold in the States if they could have supplied them.

The deal with GasGas was claimed to give more capacity and cost savings. Who know how much was political?

Of course a lot of that is down to $$$ and how it was all managed. I wouldn't say the Spanish companies have had the best record In The workd there-- but of course their economy was hit VERY hard also.

Only time will tell.

Sure would be cold if someone with loads to invest put it in and they came out with a properly engineered/developed version of thenEnduro bike along with the trials.

(I believe it was Colin Chapman at said devlopement was the result of poor Engieering)

But of course I'm not neutral, since I like my Explorer so much. Most fun bike I've ever owned. And I've had a LOT over the last 46 years I've bee riding .

• 2 weeks later...