Ossa Future

jagman_swe

Anyway GGwellinformed Thanks again for the info; first relevant info here for a while... 

Seems like a curse being trialsbikemanufacturer. The British brands grinding to a halt in the late 60s-70s (killed by Sammy M and the Spanish; there is a reason that there is a pre-65 class).

The Spanish brands in the 80s (Montesa saved by Honda) and the Italians in the 90s (only Beta surviving and Aprilia withdrawing).

GG, Beta, MH (getting stronger and now with reasonably priced 4st), Sherco the big four. Ossa on the breaking point making it big 5; though questionable leader/ownership and GG stood in their way (we'll lets see if someone saves them).

Scorpa reborn by Sherco, JTG still small (and unlikely to step up without JT), TRS (with JT and Raga) will be interesting to follow and Vertigo is the highest aimer (will they establish themselves for the big market before they run out of money). + the kids and electrical bike manufacturers.

The biggest future and challenge in the next 10 years is to develop a competitive and priseworthy electrical trialsbike with batteries lasting a full day (Torrot and GGs main target ????). Just my personal summing up... /TJ

Yepp will take loads of development... But with petrol price 5€+ per litre and all fuel powered bikes taxed up (prices 10k€+) and banned on many training areas. Wonder if this is 5-10 or 20 years away). The greens are taking over and also making it harder to find training areas... Electric bikes may get access to more urban areas (no smoke or noise). The Swedish WCH round organizer actually had problems with their traing area a few years ago. Complaints about noise. (rubbish with MX and Gocart on the same site and closest neighboor 2km away...). 

electric bike will never be the same until they develop a proper clutch and not an on and off switch

Exactly ... It seems to me the electric bike manufacturers have been taking the mickey to date... as the current crop are so minimally developed. Once the Mecatecno comes out its going to make the others look so bloated and low tech . It is a game changer believe me.

• Like 1

One of the key success points right now is also the battery time and/or price for replacement packs <1k€ for exchange batterypacks is a must... A breakthrough would be for a Ebike to survive the SSDT without having to change pack during the day (maybe first try with one allowed change at lunch stop) and only allowing change at parc ferme unless getting 50 penalty points or so.

Edited by jagman_swe

Lets all buy Vertigos, then we can go with a herd!

Vert/Beta/Sherco/Mont/Scorpa = Good

Ossa = bad.....As the messiah of all trial and font of  knowledge  ND says.... :wall:  :hyper:

You're just being silly Ian, again.

I never said it was bad  just that if it was as good as you say then others would have agreed with you and bought more. :madnoel:

• Like 1

Sorry  dude, i beg to differ, you have stuck the boot in every time some one says anything positive regarding Ossa, come to think of it most bikes actually!!

You will never steamroller me with your opinions, i say what i think, its unfortunate what has gone on with a very good machine, but look what happened to GG?

Are you saying no one purchased those? so they have gone dpwn?? 

Its a dog eat dog world, they were spendthift with the wonga, and a few other dodgy things, poor build as well, but so were GG when Pro first came out, i know i had one.....

Does not make it  bad bike just as usual, rushed out to get the wedge in, Vertigo dont seem to have that prob with M. Jane backing it.

cant see why youre missing the point every time. Its not trying to steamroller anyone, its a balanced argument to which youve never offered a decent opposing view except "its my opinion".

GG pro were not briliant when they came out agreed but that was ten years ago whats that got to do with Ossa?

Ive even said what bike you have is your choice and thats what trials is about. Stuck the boot in how?

Yes,i probably will if i can find anyone that sells the software/cable so it's possible to tinker with the FI in case of any problems there.

:thumbup:

/C

Well you have Peter A at Bohus däck near you or Claes P in Norrahammar that can help you set up the bike with help of the SW/cables.

It's only needed if you think the idle speed doesn't suit you or the fuel mixture is too rich or lean for your riding style. /TJ