Is The Ossa 280/300 Clutch The Same Clutch As Gasgas Or Just Similar?

bigmark1972

I need some thinner steel wear disks for my OSSA 2013 factory 300 to get the thickness down for an easier clutch pull. 

If I can't find thinner plates for the OSSA clutch are they the same as a GASGAS clutch?

If so what bike?

I wanted one of those cool XIU adjustable rings but can not find them in stock anywhere.

This leads me to another question would the XIU ring for the Gas Gas work in an OSSA?

2015-05-01_2257.png

Tnx.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

The XIU plate is now in stock at Lewisport and I have one on the way.  :hyper:

Another question.....

I've read moving oil from 75wt to 80wt gear oil can make a clutch more progressive in a Gas Gas 

anyone know if it's OK to run 80wt gear oil in my Ossa since it also lubricates the main bearings?

Tnx

There shouldn't be a problem using just a little thicker oil in 80W. Just let it warm up properly before you do any revving abuse so the main bearings get enough thin film of oil between to take the loads. You may also have a bit more clutch drag, but should be fine otherwise I reckon.

• Like 1

Sigh... 

So after being all excited about getting my adjustable clutch ring it appears it will not help me at all

unless I am thinking backwards.

Quote from this page;

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/xiu-rdi-adjustable-spring-clutch-support-plate-ossa.html

Technical info: Clutch control is the commercial name for this special adjustable spring clutch support plate. With 3 different mounting positions. Changing from position 1 to 3 you can choose different spring clutch pre-charge. From num.1, the lower, to num.3 the higher spring pre-charge. Position number 1 is the same spring pre-charge like original spring clutch support. Check recommended use and mounting instructions included in each products. Stainless steel screws are supplied in each clutch control set. Due its conical profile improves oil flow into the discs. Improving the cooling and reducing the wear. With this clutch control XiuRDi offers a completely new adjusting solution to trial high level riders. Precision and control are its main definitions. Recommended use A.-With new friction plates you can start with position num.1 or 2, depending your preferences. B.-After some working time, pads will be adapted and will be thinner. Then you can choose a higher number, until position num.3.

My clutch is somewhat new and too thick and that is why it's pulling very hard.

This ring seems only to help maintain the clutch feel when a clutch gets worn.

Am I wrong?