Machining Your Own Parts

cascao

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Three things off the top of my head:

1. pedal size that affects feel.

2. fulcrum point which can affect travel and amount of pressure applied. (short travel, long travel, more assist less assist)

3. Weight and design could be improved as well keeping it out of the way yet reliable. 

Just food for thought. 

--Biff

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Just stumbled across this post. Some great work, the lever bushes have long been on my to do list.

I spent a long time looking to see if I might be able to fit a little needle roller bearing in there but couldn't find anything suitable. Anyone else find the right bearing? I think the feel would be greatly improved.

1 minute ago, steve said:

Just stumbled across this post. Some great work, the lever bushes have long been on my to do list.

I spent a long time looking to see if I might be able to fit a little needle roller bearing in there but couldn't find anything suitable. Anyone else find the right bearing? I think the feel would be greatly improved.

Think roller bearings we have no space and seal will be poor decreasing performance gains fast.

But

DU bushings (like dogbone busching in sherco) seems like a good idea. Can be one with internal diameter 8mm and 10mm lenght. Lever hole will be bored to fit DU external diameter and still need to machine two washers and an internal sleeve hole 6mm and external 8mm to DU interface....

Ended sticking with leaded bronze like shown...