Night Riding After Dark

michael_t

With day light saving time it is now getting dark around 5:00 in the evening.

I am just wondering how other riders find riding after dark? This is the first year that I have had trials bike with a bit of a headlight. It seems to be better riding with out it on as I find my night vision is better with it off. With the light on I can see what the light is pointed at (often the tree tops) but not always where I want to be going. Just curious if others have the same issue.

I think you could be missing something in your life of motorbikes. As a keen enduro rider for lots of years, riding and racing in the dark is something very special IF you have light on your helmet and on your bike, lots of it! Today, in the time of LEDs, this is much easier than in the old days, so go for a ride at midnight and get surprised!

In fact, some riders (including myself) even find it easier to get your bike where you want it during the dark hours, probably because your brain only recieve the information needed to do the riding, no more and no less.....

Don't want to send everyone to some other venue for information but there was a great thread on this in ADVrider... http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/led-lighting-solutions-for-night-riding-or-whatever.1036033/

I have been playing in the yard later and later and for basic practice and such this type of lighting is working fine for me.  looking to expand my collection a bit maybe to do some later evening riding...