Balance Question

mirko91

Hi guys, I'm in a weirdo balance situation. I can balance with engine off on concrete with race tyre pressures with one and even with no hands but when I'm riding I just don't seem to have all that balance. So what might be the deal? Concentration issues? Also I train on a daily basis with a wobble board and a trials push bike. Cheers

I would say yes, I can full lock turn over the greasy mud. What I feel is I start to crouch as I lose balance instead of staying nice and relaxed

loosen your grip so all your weight has to be through your legs.

or give it a fist full and let the crank inertia help stand the bike up if it's only for a quick correction.

That's an interesting issue, I'd have thought the training would help. Perhaps you are not reacting to the dynamic forces fast enough. Lots of things throwing you off balance compared to your static training. More bike time,!

Going out training right now and I'll try to apply all the above! As far as riding with more experienced riders till now I've trained on my own and just tonight I'm going out for dinner with a local trials club to finally join them for the next season

Well I just rolled the bars a tad backwards, stayed a bit more relaxed and upward and felt a ton better. Does latest bikes have a lower vertical balance point? I tried lifting it from an high front wheel position and stay balance and bounce like I do with the push bike but it has to be nearly vertical to stay there

Well I just rolled the bars a tad backwards, stayed a bit more relaxed and upward and felt a ton better. Does latest bikes have a lower vertical balance point? I tried lifting it from an high front wheel position and stay balance and bounce like I do with the push bike but it has to be nearly vertical to stay there