250...... But Which One?

chasbo

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think I'm going to have a look at a beta EVO 250 2010. I'll let you know how it goes

And hello to Ourian , I think we've met and I'll see you at the next trial mate.

Thanks again.

Yes I think we have had the odd conversation up at Earl Shilton, did your Beamish have a red/silver tank?

Good luck with the bike purchase

See you on the 13th

Dabster "make sure the beta you try doesnt have a flywheel weight on"

I'm just wondering about the reason for this comment.

Isn't it standard on a 250?

For me when trying a gg and beta back to back the engine characteristic was the biggest difference, with the extra flywheel effect of the beta being preferable.

well i think the flywheel weight is much better off, especially for a novice on a 250.

This is because when you open the throttle it slows the reaction of the bike, reducing the capacity to learn the effect betwen input and reaction.

More importantly though is the run on with weight, it doesnt stop so much as carries on a little, which in turn makes you ride with less throttle. Does that make any sense?

Throttle control is everything and wuth this as a 250 its not a fire breathing thing that needs to be tamed. If thats how yoiu feel try out on a 125 the Beta is supposed to be very good.

Yer, that makes sense.

It's the run on that I liked when I first tried it, I felt the instant off of the GG required better timing, I may now try without the weight.

I've ridden a 2015 Beta 125 and quite liked it, but I also miss the torque of my old GG321.

The only times when I've felt a bike needed to be tamed were after I'd already started to lose control, although the mid range of the 250 did feel a bit strong until I readjusted after a few hours on a 125.

Job done !!!!

I'm now the proud owner of a evo 250. Thanks for all the advice from everyone, it was all useful stuff. I will try it without the flywheel weight dabster sometime over Xmas. I've got to get the lads gas gas ready for the next trial before I get to have the first play.

• Like 1

Job done !!!!

I'm now the proud owner of a evo 250. Thanks for all the advice from everyone, it was all useful stuff. I will try it without the flywheel weight dabster sometime over Xmas. I've got to get the lads gas gas ready for the next trial before I get to have the first play.

I would it may be it doesnt suit but imho to progress its better off. I never liked the run on when cresting a hill.

NB the weight is secured by phillips screws made of very soft material and loctited so be sure you get the exact right fit they can chew easily