No Impeller ?

pudrev3

Hey guys this is strange , I have a beta Evo 4t , my fan hasn't been coming on last Sunday so I started it up and waited a couple of minutes and it still didn't come on so I removed the waterpump and there is no impeller there just the circlip!! Where has it gone and will it have done it damage , please say no it hasnt

That would have to be a Monday bike.

After an open bar party.

Assembled by the "new" guy".

There's no way for us to assess any damage but if you haven't seized it and it still seems to have plenty of power you might have got away with it. There are several threads where a 4T owner reports a missing impeller. Sounds very weird. Some believe it broke apart and may be wedged in pieces somewhere in the cooling system. Might be worth dropping the hoses and back flushing the radiator and cylinder. I replaced the impeller on my 2T with the aluminum Jitsie but the website says it won't fit the 4T.

Edited by dan williams

That would have to be a Monday bike.

After an open bar party.

Assembled by the "new" guy".

There's no way for us to assess any damage but if you haven't seized it and it still seems to have plenty of power you might have got away with it. There are several threads where a 4T owner reports a missing impeller. Sounds very weird. Some believe it broke apart and may be wedged in pieces somewhere in the cooling system. Might be worth dropping the hoses and back flushing the radiator and cylinder. I replaced the impeller on my 2T with the aluminum Jitsie but the website says it won't fit the 4T.

So - you have a water pump & no impeller

How very weird?

If there's a circlip on the impeller axle, I would think there was an impeller mounted.

If it was my bike I would, as Dan said, dismantle the cooling system as much as possible flush everything through and conduct a very thorough inspection.

If it's the same crappy piece of plastic as they use in the 2T, it's highly likely it's still in the coolant system somewhere.

I've never seen a 2T one that didn't look like a starving dogs chew toy, even after only a few hours use.

If it is or isn't in there, it's worth following Dan's advice and cleaning out the system, just to be sure.