What Would You Buy ...?

dingle

Interested to gauge opinion here ...... If you were looking at buying a 2016 model bike what would you buy and why ?

I'm looking at buying a bike next year and want a new one (it's nice to treat yourself) the Montesa's look nice but are out of my price range. (I Had a bounce on one at the NEC yesterday)

I had been looking at Shercos as I liked the look of them and the price, but also had a go on a beta on the try trials area (albeit a 125) And it got me thinking .... By the looks of it the beta is around £500 more than the Sherco (was looking at 300's) is there other makes i should be considering around the same price bracket ? Say 5 - 6k

Also beta 2 stroke or beta 4 stroke ?

Any thoughts or opinions would be most welcome as I'm sure they will differ a lot.

Unless your already a Clubman rider, I would stick to a 2-stroke.

Total novice...........yesterday riding the beta was my first time on a trials bike, but it went surprisingly well!

Could you qualify that a bit more for me please Colin ? I'm interested to learn as much as possible ......

I currently own both 4 and 2 stroke bikes albeit different types of bikes (CR250 moto cross & KTM525 exc supermoto / enduro)

Ive ridden a 16 sherco 300

15 beta evo 2t300

14 evo 4t 300

Out off all of them I'd say the sherco has to be the better one, they felt a lot better with having the fuel tank upfront I have ridden a sherco 2015 with the fuel tank at the back and it was horrible so I'd say if you get a sherco has to be a 16 since they are much easier to ride but if you don't to spend that much, I'd go with the beta 4t as they are very good bikes from a novice rider to expert rider but I really wouldn't get a beta 300 2t there just too much power for a noivce rider in my opinion as it's easy to make a mistake and just put power on where on a smaller cc bike you are able to get away with mistakes more Becuase everything happens slower

I'd have to say a clean , used Beta 200  ... Get started as cheap as you can to see if your gonna love it or not !

Trials is 90% rider , 10% bike ...

You decide how far you want to with it before settling on a serious bike purchase ...

Only been at it about 40 years now , and if I was gonna get a new bike it would have to be a Mont , and I'd get another 20 out of it .!:)

Glenn

If I were buying a 2016 it would be a new 300 Scorpa! I had my son test ride one yesterday, and he was impressed. Of course I had a go too! 

Line you are on to something there. At the Ryan Young class a couple weeks ago Ryan brought a brand new Scorpa 300. He let us all take a spin. We loved it. Nice bike and had a great feel to it.

Well given your other 2 bikes I am guessing you have a pretty good feel for riding bikes in lots of different types of situations. Trials is another type of riding totally. I had 5 bikes in the stable when I got my first trials bike, I got a second hand GG, after a few years I realized I loved the sport (and saved up some money) I got a new 2015 Sherco (I actually like the tank in the rear). If you don't want to start out on the cheap side I would at the very least go to a few events and swing your leg over as many bikes as you can. I am always happy to loan my bike to a person who would like to ride a section or 2. See what sort of things you will be doing with your bike, if you plan on hitting 6ft high splatters lean towards at least a 250 If you are going to be challenged enough on the clubman route a 200 might be more than enough bike. Trials is a lot different in person than it is on you tube or forums - People are super friendly and what looks super easy on the internet... isn't. If you like a good challenge Trials is for you - finding the right bike is just the first obstacle of many :).

BTW be sure to look at the new Vertigo and TRS they both look awesome (not as awesome as a Sherco though).

Cheers,

Michael - Team Sherco.