What Would You Buy ...?

dingle

I'd have to say a clean , used Beta 200  ... Get started as cheap as you can to see if your gonna love it or not !

Trials is 90% rider , 10% bike ...

You decide how far you want to with it before settling on a serious bike purchase ...

Only been at it about 40 years now , and if I was gonna get a new bike it would have to be a Mont , and I'd get another 20 out of it .! :)

Glenn

Allways wanted to take one and put a proper megaphone on it to dump the huge muffler!

Would sound like a real four stroke! :beer:

• Like 1

This year I have had a 2014 Std 250 Gas Gas, 2015 Sherco Factory 300 and I've just got a 2016 Beta EVO 300. First comment all free bikes are great to ride, all three grip well, stop well and are well balanced. The power on the factory Sherco was impressive but can cause you more problems than benefits, the Beta 300 is super smooth and easier to control but then the 250 GG never felt under powered. I didn't get on with the Sherco tank set up but the 2016 is totally different so if you are buying new not a consideration.

Even though I've got a 300, I've been riding for over 20 years off and on and only just decided to get the extra poke (not sure I needed to) so go 250. After that because you don't have a feel or riding style fixed yet all the bikes are brilliant and capable of far more than you (most of us for that matter).

Finally if you've got the doe by new every time.

I would personally get a new Beta probably a 300 4T, my reasons I am very happy with my present 09 Beta 250 2T and have always wanted a 4T.

All the modern bikes are good with slight differences between each make and model, it is up to you to decide what feels the best to you so try as many different bikes as you can and narrow down your final choices.

I would buy a 200 Beta or any 250 2 stroke. £1500 to £2000 will get a decent bike. I would advise against a new bike whilst you are initially learning as you are likely to drop it a lot. Also on a new bike you will lose a lot in depreciation if you do not like it.

• Like 1

Are you having trouble posting (3 times)

Multiple posts removed and even fixed the loose/lose mistake

Loose = opposite of tight

Lose = to misplace or in this case to depreciate

I need to find where this whole lose/loose thing originated and kill the person responsible

• Like 8

The 4rt is big and heavy and you may struggle to get used to it (maybe not though) I'm not a Sherco fan after selling my first and last within three months so I'd say a 250 Beta or a 250 Scorpa. I had a quick ride on a 300 Beta last weekend and couldn't believe how light it felt and how easy it was to throw it around after years of riding a Mont, but I still love my 4rt's as they're very reliable and puts a smile on my face every time I ride.

Edited by the addict
  • Like 1

Multiple posts removed and even fixed the loose/lose mistake

Loose = opposite of tight

Lose = to misplace or in this case to depreciate

I need to find where this whole lose/loose thing originated and kill the person responsible

If you do, you will loose your freedom and end up in jail :ph34r:

• Like 2

Why not choose your favourite colour and go from there. They all do the same thing and they are all better than we (the rider) will be.

By the way, the montesa is the best....

You may jest but that's so far about the best way I can think to choose !

I'd go for a 2016 GG 300 racing..currently I have a 2005 280 TXT pro and it is just awesome, compact, very light yet stable, easy to maintain, spares easy to find and gives me so much fun every time I go out training(4 times a week for a total of 6-7hrs)