Returning To Trials In The North West

leembarnes

Hi All,

I've just picked up a bike after about ten years out of the game.  I used to practice at Back Cowm and Cliviger (and other places it seems sadly are no longer an option).

There used to be a big group of us when I was a kid challenging each other and they all slowly disappeared one by one.  I can practice mid week and weekends depending on work be good to meet some new folks if anyone fancies a practice session.

Got myself an Evo 300 - awesome bit of kit.

Cheers.

Lee

Welcome back Lee, you will probably find yourself traveling a lot more and further than you did 10 years ago, my club and practice ground is Earl Shilton which is an hour away from where I live. Manchester 17 and Macclesfield are both great clubs and both organise really good meetings, they both run an easy trial, which are great fun. You can join macclesfield for free online and they will send you the number you will need to have, to get your ACU licence, if you haven't already got it, also the best way to meet new friends is to go to a trial, you will soon get to know where people are practicing and when, even if you don't feel confident enough to enter the trial just go along and get chatting to the other riders.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi mate, where in North West are you. I'm just starting out in trials after a failed attempt last summer... Bikes engine died! Getting new bike this sunday and joined Macc club along with a mate. First trial of the year on the 31St. I'm from Culcheth, Warrington. Also looking for local places to practice around Warrington if anyone knows of anywhere? Cheers, Al