Camera And Mount Position

slogger

Hi all,

Am thinking about getting a camera (gopro etc)and and getting some good advice. Was just wondering peoples views on here plus whats the best mount position?

Bars will give the bike route view whilst helmet will get a good perspective on where the eyes track within the section?

I know its a fairly wide angle lens but was wondering peoples views on mount position?

http://www.trialscentral.com/news-archive/acu-news-updates/17642-acu-news-week-commencing-9th-nov-2015

BODY CAMERAS BANNED FROM JANUARY 1, 2016

The ACU T and E Committee has decided to follow the ruling implemented by the FIM (International Motorcyclist Federation, the governing body of world bike sport) and also the FIME which looks after Europe, to forbid the wearing of cameras on any part of the body whilst competing in an event. This decision comes following a number of accidents in which the wearing of a camera has caused injury. The decision was also made as it was considered that when helmet mounted there was also a risk of damaging the integrity of the helmet. Helmets that intrinsically incorporate a camera from new would not be included in the ban. However, machine mounted cameras would continue to be permitted.

Chest mount does seem to get the best point of view. Given that people seem to think camera's stuck to you are dangerous I would seriously consider tracking devices... you can buy drones that will follow you or something like this is pretty cool as well

video]

http://www.trialscentral.com/news-archive/acu-news-updates/17642-acu-news-week-commencing-9th-nov-2015

BODY CAMERAS BANNED FROM JANUARY 1, 2016

The ACU T and E Committee has decided to follow the ruling implemented by the FIM (International Motorcyclist Federation, the governing body of world bike sport) and also the FIME which looks after Europe, to forbid the wearing of cameras on any part of the body whilst competing in an event. This decision comes following a number of accidents in which the wearing of a camera has caused injury. The decision was also made as it was considered that when helmet mounted there was also a risk of damaging the integrity of the helmet. Helmets that intrinsically incorporate a camera from new would not be included in the ban. However, machine mounted cameras would continue to be permitted.

Glad I live in the USA and can still document my point of view when I make dumb mistakes.

Chest mount does give the best view for trials.

Helmet mount has a swinging effect everytime you turn your head.  when you do it, it all looks normal, but when watching the video of it being done, it can get dizzying.

Bike/ handlebar mounted generally shakes quite a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I have more fear from chest mounted than helmet mounted in case of a crash....

It's tough sometimes keep good focus point with chest mounted and all this body positions we use during ride. But chest mounted give better "riding" feeling for who watch the video.

Like said above, you must avoid look to the sides with helmet cameras.