What Kinda Helmet Lid Do You Wear? Any Good Recommendation?

wikineon

Looking at getting an Airoh TRR or Hebo Zone 4. Head measures 58cm but currently have a Large Nau helmet (59-60cm) that fits perfectly.

Should I get the Airoh or Hebo in Large too? How do the sizes compare to the Nau?

Thanks.

probably about the same ,  but try them on if you can , I seem to remember needing a larger size size on my Airoh   , compared to my previous lid ...But next to my custom Shoei road racing helmet bought in the 80's , the best helmet EVER !!!. 

Looking at getting an Airoh TRR or Hebo Zone 4. Head measures 58cm but currently have a Large Nau helmet (59-60cm) that fits perfectly.

Should I get the Airoh or Hebo in Large too? How do the sizes compare to the Nau?

Thanks.

I was trying to get a line on the head shape for the same two helmets but don't seem to be able to get much information on the Hebo Zone 4.  I have desided to get the Zone 4 and am hoping that it will be a good choice for my head.  I have an oval shaped head...

I will update the thread with what its like once I get it, it will be a few more weeks though (1 more payday). 

Well, there was only 1 large Airoh TRR Smart in red left anywhere online that I could see (it's the 2015 model, they don't do the Smart any more) so I've ordered it.

Should arrive tomorrow so I'll let you know what I think.

The Nau helmet I have is very nice but not vented so I get very hot in the warmer weather. Hoping the Airoh will solve this (as much as possible anyway). Couldn't try one anywhere so took a punt.

Jonnyc21 -if it doesn't fit my head and your Hebo Zone 4 doesn't fit yours maybe we could swap? ?

In terms of price, I would have wanted the Hebo Zone 4 Link and that was actually dearer than getting a 2015 Airoh TRR Smart (I don't like the look of any of the new Airoh TRRs - they don't do a red one).

Edited by smarty156

Well the Airoh arrived today! Great service from Splatshop.

Large was definitely the right size. Feels like a bicycle helmet compared to the Nau Power. Lots of vents and also channels inside the shell to vent hot air.

Can't wait to try it on Sunday. I'll have to put the vent covers on if it's raining still though.

In terms of fit, I'd say it feels a little like it's sat on top of my head whereas the Nau feels more like it's wrapped round my head. Looks like it's sitting ok though.

There are only two visor screws on the Zone 4, i had one work loose and fall out mid section recently. Make sure the screws are tight. Loctited mine now and try not to move my visor.

Just thought i would forewarn. Still very happy with the helmet though.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Looking for fit advise as well.  I tried a MOTS go XL.  It was tight in the forehead.  They do not make a XXL.  Tried and Airoh XXL, it was good in forehead but wide around my ears.  Can anyone recommend a good oval shape helmet that won't break the bank?  Anybody know how the Wulf fits?

• 6 months later...

Well it took a lot longer than next payday but I finally was able to get a Hebo Zone 4

They sent me the wrong color so I have to see about getting that resolved, but I was able to check size and fit. 

Head shape from what I can tell is more round than I had hoped, it doesn't seem to bad so its a level of between round and oval however with my very oval head it isn't the best helmet for my head.  I suspect the Airoh TTR would fit my head better, but I think for the price and fit the Hebo will work ok.  

I can live with it because it isn't causing pain or discomfort though it isn't a 9 or 10 out of 10.  I am hoping with the good venting and everything else it will end up being at least a 7 or 8 out of 10.  It will take a ride or two to know, and have to get them to send me the correct helmet color first so maybe a few more weeks before I can give a full review.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to MRS and got an AIRHO TRR for£117.00 . Whoa , Much cheapness !

Rang home and asked the long haired chief of staff if it had arrived. She said no but there's a big box that doesn't weigh anything.

Aye well that'll be it.

• Like 1