What Kinda Helmet Lid Do You Wear? Any Good Recommendation?

wikineon

On 12/19/2015 at 4:39 PM, mazz46 said:

Airoh best helmets

If you look at the inside of an Airoh helmet, there are lots of big holes in the polystyrene lining, to allow ventilation.  The shell also has large ventilation holes/slits in it.  

When I examined my own helmet, the ventilation holes in the shell were minimal and the polystyrene liner had no holes at all.  No wonder I got hot and sweaty when I wore it.

• Like 1

Airoh TRR is the nicest trials helmet I've worn... So light and well ventilated.  I switched last summer from a Jitsie HT1 Polycarbonate, what a difference.  Friend just rode in his TRR for the first time today, after wearing a Wulf...  He was super impressed.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, conorson said:

would love to know how you got the TRR so cheap.  Cheapest I can see on MRS is £170 :-(

Well ,I went on and it was £130. Got pulled away from my post and when I came back and signed back on and BOOM ! £117.00 to my door.

True wonderment of E Bay.

Well I have had a chance to try an Airoh TTR and a Hebo Zone 4... for anyone that is interested in a comparison review for head shape, here it is.

The head shape of both is what I would call intermediate round/oval with the Airoh being just a touch more oval than the Hebo Zone 4 but just slightly.  over all fit for a more extreme oval head like mine is ok but not great but from what I can tell the options are limited so if your extreme and have a sensitive head go with the Airoh, if your oval but not overly so ether should work great and for the price I would go Hebo Zone 4.

Construction seems to be about the same for quality from everything I see, and venting and weight is about the same so far that I can see.  Over all for the price I think I will give the win to the Hebo Zone 4 as they can be had in the US for around $200+ and the Airoh being around $300+ unless you pick up a good deal. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok final update... I have had a bit more time in both the Airoh TTR and the Hebo Zone 4 and it really is a wash, they are both, head shape wise, what I would call neutral with a slight inclination to the oval side. 

The Airoh I think is just a touch more oval but not much, and the Hebo is a little longer top to bottom but again not much.  This gives the advantage to the Hebo if you have a tall head and need a longer chin strap.  I also found the slight bit taller aspect of the Hebo is a bit nicer for my somewhat taller and more oval head as it makes my ears sit just a bit lower in the helmet so I am preferring the fit of the Hebo just a bit more as I find I don't have to adjust it as much after putting it on.  Where with the Airoh I find I need to sift it a bit to get my ears to fit without the padding pressing on them a little here and there.  

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 months later...