Making/buying A Removable Seat For A Gas Gas Txt Pro

glynn

So heres a weird one for you all,

I ride trials on my Gas Gas TXT Pro 200, but only one of the guys I ride with is on a trials bike (Sherco 125)

We have both started riding some enduro and singletrack with some other guys we know who are on enduro and motocross bikes. Our bikes are coping fine with the terrain and we are both really enjoying it, but I have to say, after a few hours (and refuels lol) im getting sore from standing, it would be nice to have a removable seat so I can still compete in trials, yet be able to do some light trail riding on the side. Is there anything that would cover this? or will I have to make something. I have seen the Jitsie seat but it seems too low really for my height and I would like something a little higher. 

What do you all think would be the best option?

Glynn

You can buy or make seat inserts for trials bikes to make them a bit more road friendly.  I have used one on my JotaGas and it makes it possible to sit down easily.

Google it.  If you cant find any details, I'll post a picture of mine.

Hope this helps.

Bruce.

Ah yeah, thats the same as the Jitsie removable seat, but I wonder if it would be high enough for comfortable riding? im worried the low position could cause bad cramps etc.

I've made one to my wife: PU spray foam + fibrglass shell + rubber matt

That looks a good idea with good height, I will look into making one like that if I dont find anything

http://www.2bbikes.c...pro-als-ed.html

Something like this would work

Looks similar to the Jitsie seat, would like to see what it looks like on a bike though

Pitbike seats can be purchased cheap and have a shape that makes them ( relatively) easy to fit  >>http://www.ebay.com/itm/381211921247?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

I put one on my Beta techno for mountain trail riding, its still pretty low compared to an MX bike or enduro but helped 

post-21886-0-28900900-1450966196_thumb.jpg

Pitbike seats can be purchased cheap and have a shape that makes them ( relatively) easy to fit  >>http://www.ebay.com/itm/381211921247?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

I put one on my Beta techno for mountain trail riding, its still pretty low compared to an MX bike or enduro but helped 

attachicon.gif0521111156a.jpg

My dad rides a Beta Techno aswell, he has troubles riding with me for long days due to having bad knees and wrists due to a motorbike accident when he was younger. He sits on the regular Techno plasics, which is obviously very hard to control as its so low, so I will order a high pitbike seat ( only £12 on ebay :o) for him and if it fits on mine aswell I will order one :)

Could you adapt a mont 4rt longrange seat? There always ads for them on fleabay.

The montesa seat would be perfect, but its pretty pricey and theres no guarantee it could be adapted, the cheapest one on ebay is £150, and for that I couldnt justify hacking it up with no guarantee of it working.

You do have to do a bit of trimming of the plastic seat base and get creative on mounting it , I am presently working on doing the same for my Super mini build which will require relieving quite a bit more seat base than the Techno did, you will likely have to do the same on your TXT

You do have to do a bit of trimming of the plastic seat base and get creative on mounting it , I am presently working on doing the same for my Super mini build which will require relieving quite a bit more seat base than the Techno did, you will likely have to do the same on your TXT

Ah yeah, I have been following your super mini build, its going great and I love seeing updates on the post! keep up the good work!

Did you attach the seat permanently or with velcro?