Making/buying A Removable Seat For A Gas Gas Txt Pro

glynn

on the Beta I made a "keyhole" in the plastic base for the front and installed a raised screw in place of the screw for the front of the fender , then one screw from under the rear part of the fender into the seat base, so only one extra hole in the fender was required , havnt figured out how I am going to mount it on the supermini yet.

• Like 1

Keep us informed how it goes Glynn, I'm sure there will be a few on here keen to know.

Will do, the seat will be here within the next week so I will give it a try and post some picture up, thanks for the help everyone!

This is how things are going with my bike ( Same way I did the Techno) , I made a * mushroom* with a small spacer and plastic washer along with a longer screw for the mount on the front of the fender, then trimmed off all the protruding  plastic from the seat base along with the rear mounting brackets, cut a * keyhole * in the appropriate location, I have to bend the seat base to get it to go on and the seat now snaps in place, it actually fits well enough that I probably dont need a mounting screw in the rear but I'll probably put one in anyway. So, one or two screws and it goes from trials to trail.

Looks pretty good IMO and cost a total of $22 plus a couple screws.

post-21886-0-65343900-1451055375_thumb.jpg

post-21886-0-96055000-1451055399_thumb.jpg

post-21886-0-69069400-1451055430_thumb.jpg

post-21886-0-22449400-1451055458_thumb.jpg

post-21886-0-27389700-1451055480_thumb.jpg

Edited by denisesewa
  • Like 3

This is how things are going with my bike ( Same way I did the Techno) , I made a * mushroom* with a small spacer and plastic washer along with a longer screw for the mount on the front of the fender, then trimmed off all the protruding  plastic from the seat base along with the rear mounting brackets, cut a * keyhole * in the appropriate location, I have to bend the seat base to get it to go on and the seat now snaps in place, it actually fits well enough that I probably dont need a mounting screw in the rear but I'll probably put one in anyway. So, one or two screws and it goes from trials to trail.

Looks pretty good IMO and cost a total of $22 plus a couple screws.

attachicon.gif003.JPG

attachicon.gif005.JPG

attachicon.gif007.JPG

attachicon.gif006.JPG

attachicon.gif002.JPG

Ah brilliant! cant wait for mine to come to fit now, thanks for all the help and pics!

BTW, another example is the Magura Hydraulic clutch conversion kit for around $300 , I bought a chinese copy just to try it out for $50 shipped, works great, I am not advocating buying chinese stuff and try to buy from/support  local shops, but I am on a limited budget and cant throw away $250 just to try something out. on the other hand I am sure this stuff wont last as long and the quality of the alloy is poor, but a seat for $22 verses $200 to $300?

• Like 1

My seat arrived today, I have to say its good quality for the price!

I used the same mounting method as denisesewa by cutting some plastic tabs off with a dremel and cutting a keyhole. A raised bolt was used where the plastcs attach at the front of the Beta Techno which the keyhole slid into, at the rear of the seat i had a bolt coming down from the plastic underbelly of the seat that slid through a drilled hole in the rear mudguard with a nut through the other side.

The seat is almost like its made for the Beta and looks really good without restricting movement for trials, yet is high enough to sit on the road or between sections. I had a quick look on my Gas Gas to see if it would work and it seems so, it doesnt sit as flush with the frame but still looks fine and is an okay height. I will order a second seat for my Gas Gas soon and if theres enough interest I will make a thread with a step by step guide to mounting a pitbike seat.

Heres some pics:

8X1TBV1h.jpg

gq6sy06h.jpg

C2SS3G3h.jpg

xu11rZ1h.jpg

nQghnpGh.jpg

Here you can see the parts that needed cut out to fit the Beta:

gRO6E0mh.jpg

Happy new year everybody!  :hyper:

• Like 1

My seat arrived today, I have to say its good quality for the price!

I used the same mounting method as denisesewa by cutting some plastic tabs off with a dremel and cutting a keyhole. A raised bolt was used where the plastcs attach at the front of the Beta Techno which the keyhole slid into, at the rear of the seat i had a bolt coming down from the plastic underbelly of the seat that slid through a drilled hole in the rear mudguard with a nut through the other side.

The seat is almost like its made for the Beta and looks really good without restricting movement for trials, yet is high enough to sit on the road or between sections. I had a quick look on my Gas Gas to see if it would work and it seems so, it doesnt sit as flush with the frame but still looks fine and is an okay height. I will order a second seat for my Gas Gas soon and if theres enough interest I will make a thread with a step by step guide to mounting a pitbike seat.

Heres some pics:

8X1TBV1h.jpg

gq6sy06h.jpg

C2SS3G3h.jpg

xu11rZ1h.jpg

nQghnpGh.jpg

Here you can see the parts that needed cut out to fit the Beta:

gRO6E0mh.jpg

Happy new year everybody!  :hyper:

Good job Glynn !! kinda cool getting something for a trials bike for cheap eh?