New Member Looking For Advice.

durham4416

Hi everyone, I bought my 10yr old son a beta evo 80 for Christmas, I'm in the North East, I have a beta 300rr myself but thought he would do best learning properly on a trials bike. How difficult are trials events for children? What category would he be in, he's been on it twice and he's picking up gears etc and clutch control (although it needs moving closer to the bar a little). My local dealer does the passes for Croft trials club in Darlington so I'll get him registered although I'd like somewhere we could ride together. Any advice to get my son doing some events would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

9E89EBF1-129E-412D-95A4-CD4FD8850F6B_zps

I'll be getting him a trials helmet this week

Hi there

Some of the local North East clubs do conducted route which runs separate from the main route, this is what you will need. It really depends upon interest, but all north east trials are advertised on TC, just give them a ring.

Richmond club definitely run conducted courses at most of its trials which are a great way to learn. This is how my son learned, its great for the kids

let me know if you need more info

cheers

John

Hello and welcome to the trials community.

I live in the NE too. A lot of NE clubs regularly incorporate supervised separate sections marked for youths only and will mention if they are on the dates advertised on here.

After he gets the hang of riding it won't be long till you can both ride the easy course together and he can tell you where you're going wrong.

If you are after a practice area, Warden Law Go-Cart track near Ryhope in Sunderland used to let you ride a day for a tenner on the trials area.

Advice on setting the bike up and riding technique would be better from others than from me and I'm sure someone else will post soon.

• Like 1

Being in M'bro (I'm in Eaglescliffe) look up the web sites for Guisborough Motor Club, who have there own practice ground at Charltons & cater for kids, & Richmond Motor Club who have training days & cater for kids. Why not get the best of both worlds.

Scarborough Motor Club has its own practice ground at Harwood Dale but that's a bit of a hike to go regularly from M'boro.

Dick.

There have been few conducted trials in the Durham/Northumberland area recently, unfortunately there aren't many youngsters coming with bikes at this time.

But all the trials organisers here allow my 7yr old to use his bike to just ride round and practice if he registers and has a licence.

Warden law (northeast karting) is still on the go to practice but now charge £15 each

Thanks for all the replies, I've done a bit f research and just sorting a license out then I'm going to let him loose at Richmonds first trial of the year on mid February. I think the only thing the bike needs is a lanyard after looking at the acu handbook.