2016 Sherco 300 Carb Jets

ady witting

I'm experimenting with mine at the moment. I've just popped a 48 pilot in on reccomendation of one of the MRS British riders and have been advised to run the air screw 1/2 to 1 full turn out. I'm going to try this first and i'm hoping it will be spot on. 

Chris @ splatshop has suggested the following:

48 pilot

128 main

3 1/2 slide

raise the needle one clip

Obviously the slide is quite expensive so he suggested a richer needle if i didn't want to spend the extra on the slide. 

That setup should work, It will be on the rich side but will help with detonation.

I have just set up a 14 factory with a 48 pilot, 128 main and the std 4 slide with a jjh needle clip in middle, Its had some ignition and compression mods and it runs very smooth with no detonation, A tad rich off the bottom but it's being ridden by a novice so it will stay that way till he improves.

You could go to a 45 pilot with the 4 slide and change to a jfh neddle, This is more cost effective than buying a slide.

If you want an aggressive setup 3.5 slide JJH needle, 125 main and a 45 to 48 pilot, Needle 2nd from bottom.

With a 48 pilot the air screw will be 1.5 to 2 turns.

What symptoms are you getting? If it's a new Sherco I would imagine it has an air leak as the stupid plastic manifold is a piece of junk, Sherco are aware of it and just supply a foam gasket to help it seal.

You will have to order a box of manifolds at 50 quid each to find an almost good one!

Speak nicely to Chris at splatshop and he will try to find you the straightest one possible.

The standard out of the crate jetting has a 45 pilot and 3 slide. The bike runs a little weak hence making it a tad richer.

The new airbox makes has made a lot of difference in how the engine runs. To the extent that Chris @ splatshop thought he had an air leak on his new bike as it was running so weak but in fact it was just jetting. He suggested he may go a little richer still! 

Edited by hugh_b

am I missing something here but surely you shouldn't have to start spending money on jets and slides etc having just forked out 5k on a new bike my sherco is nearly 13 yrs old been mine from new and never been altered and is spot on

Funny that as I always changed the pilot jets on my 03 04 and 05 sherco. Perhaps yours isnt as good as you think.

I've just changed my carb settings now, left the pilot jet at 45, changed the main jet from a 125 to a 128 and needle setting to 1 up from bottom, going to try this setting at trial on Sunday (Lincoln). hopefully this setting should be ok.

• 7 years later...

Hi folks, has anyone got any info on carb jets for the newer Sherco 300? 
The standard 45 pilot and 125 main jet was very lean on my 2022 bike when I got it recently. I've changed the main jet a few times and even at a 135 I was still getting detonation/ pinking noise. I've had a 125, 128, 130 and 135 in it so far. Needle is on the middle clip. 
Thanks.