Any Reviews On The Combat

devo8

Have you ever seen a bad test of any bike?  And if not, why on earth would you believe any of them.

Just think about the number of times you might have read, "the new **** displays none of the faults that we all knew were in last year's......" then flip back through the back issues to see if these 'faults' were ever mentioned in that test.........!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Have you ever seen a bad test of any bike?  And if not, why on earth would you believe any of them.

Just think about the number of times you might have read, "the new **** displays none of the faults that we all knew were in last year's......" then flip back through the back issues to see if these 'faults' were ever mentioned in that test.........!!!!!!!!!!

Yes , most of us have been around long enough to know this. You can still however read between the lines.This test offers just that

• 5 weeks later...

In holland we call tyres for offroad use sometimes "noppen" tyres. The magazine is 100% devoted to off road bikes

Yes. Its trial, MX, enduro and Rally. Its also really the only one available in the Netherlands on offroad bikes. Still have to read the Vertigo article though. (toilet material :P)

/

post-19159-0-30121500-1455718898_thumb.jpg

post-19159-0-60144600-1455718906_thumb.jpg

post-19159-0-33903900-1455718916_thumb.jpg

For the rest the article is prity standard, explains some features, and is positive (could have been about any other brand really)

Edited by crazybond700

• 2 months later...

I test rode the vertigo in Northern Ireland and i was very impressed with it especially the grip which was amazing but the price puts me of its more expensive than the sherco factory.  The camo is the standard model the icehell looks more impressive.

I rode one very, very briefly, and watched a bunch of others ride it. I'm a clubman level guy, the folks I watched ride it are expert level. The bike is really loud, even at idle, which really put me off it before I'd even ridden it.

The clutch is light, almost as light as the modded clutch on my GG, which is feathery. However when I rode it, I found the engagement point to be incredibly abrupt. Obviously not an issue for expert guys (probably more of an advantage) but I didn't get along with it. In contrast, the TRS I rode at the same time has a much heavier pull, but the was 10 times easier for me to deal with as far as engagement.

The Vertigo also did a few odd things when i was riding it... it almost felt like some sort of anti-stall kicking it when I was crawling along in first gear. Like there was a hiccup in drive power to keep the engine from stalling. I concede I could be imagining things, but I have an unashamedly high level of mechanical sympathy, and whatever it was doing was really bizarre.

It also makes an insane amount of power. I can't really see spending the money they want for it at clubman level... you end up with a bike you feel might kill you on Map 1, but you're stuck with a 300cc jug running it on Map3 all the time.

I will say that in terms of fit/finish/look, the Vertigo is very nicely done. But I was hoping for a lot more from the EFI (I remember when I first rode an injected KTM 4-stroke and was blown away by how much better it was than carb'd bikes). The Vertigo didn't feel any different in terms of fueling than my GG (maybe worse).

Obviously take all this with some grains of salt. Like I said, I only rode it briefly, but it's not for me. The TRS I could see working if the clutch can be lightened up. It's also really well finished, and incorporates a few minor things I'd love to see on a GG (bolt on footpeg hangers, an easier to remove/attach airbox section, a really simple linkage, etc).

I don't know why everyone is saying its so powerful i didn't really notice the power but this could be due to me riding a 2011 sherco 290. But the way it rode was very nice it was lovely and smooth on map 1 i also tried the other maps. The only thing I didn't like was the starting method press a button and you have 15 seconds to start the bike.  I found this annoying but the build quality was great and so was the grip. But it is a bit on the heavy side compared to other 2 strokes I could notice the extra weight when riding it. But overall i thought it was very good it has put me of the new sherco a bit but the sherco is a lot cheaper and still rides nice. 

Edited by dwb5151