Braktec Pad Retaining Clip!

jfc

• 4 weeks later...

It's to stop the pads rattling. It's just an anti rattle spring. The pads can't come out of the caliper with or without the spring (while the wheel is in).

I've been running without mine in for a few months as I struggled to get it back in. No issues with braking but sometimes the pads do rattle slightly if I'm waiting to go in a section with the engine running.

• 3 months later...

My friend removed his on his gasser, he was having problems with his pads wearing quickly only getting 3 trials out of them and nearly getting caught out on occasions having no front pads, gas gas told him to take it out, I have a trs and I am going to do the same 

So its gone .....well never mind; if it was pointless then the best thing to do was to remove it.:D ...Thanks again  that's twice you have helped everyone out............It would seem like it being put  there may have been an attempt to cause friction ..but  it did not work as they thought it would do as you got rid of it ....hopefully that has solved the problem completely,.I just hope that there's no whining noises  in the future.

Edited by oni nou

• 4 years later...

I'm having a huge issue with my 2020 TRS 250 OneR with front brake overheating and locking up. I've done just about everything else, except removing the clip.

Took it out today after reading this topic and so far the brake works good. Gonna take it for a long ride on Tuesday and hope it still works allright.

P.S. that clip is an absolute pain in the ass to install anyways, so it's great if it's really not needed and it fixes the problem...

9 minutes ago, lineaway said:

It over heats because does not have enough free play. Or/and it does not have enough free play because your m/c is bad. Happens all the time 

How can I get more free play? The adjustment in the lever is not even half way through. 

The feeling in the lever is good at the moment when it works properly. When it over heats it gets horrible.