Climber Sprockets

b40rt

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ross, 44t was a disaster. Any slight amount of throttle and the front wheel was in the air. I can post it to you if you want to try it? it was good to meet you at Martins stand on Saturday. Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul, sorry, a bit dim and didn't work out it was you ! I have had a shot on one in Spain and the gearing was "normal" with a 38 on the back. I will have to try and find out the gearing on the crank / clutch basket is where the difference lies. The water pump was driven from this so this might have necessitated the change ?

Cheers Ross

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

~5%.

Since discovered climber crankshaft pinion has

four more teeth than swm/txr air cooled bottom end. Next job is to swap earlier pinion. The clutch basket will also need swapped as earlier bikes helical cut, climber straight cut.

Since discovered climber crankshaft pinion has

four more teeth than swm/txr air cooled bottom end. Next job is to swap earlier pinion. The clutch basket will also need swapped as earlier bikes helical cut, climber straight cut.

Hi Ross, please consider why aprilia reduced the ratio transmission on engine pinion/clutch basket....because they reduced the clutch springs load!!!! regards.