Honda Trials Development Story

laird387

Hi,

One of the current projects in our digital magazine, is a profusely illustrated photogallery charting the development of the Honda trials models, as seen in the UK.

Our archive includes many photographs that have never been published before and we intend to release them for reference purposes in our building 'reference library of offroad sport' as 'ORRe' is frequently described.

As an appetiser I am attaching a very small section of a complete offside view of Rob Shepherd on what we believe was his first Honda (there are NO distracting watermarks in the magazine).  The photograph was taken by my respected colleague, Barry Robinson.

To see the full image - and many, many more, I regret you will have to join the growing throng who waste just £12 a year to become members, with complete free access to every back issue, of the ORRe subscribers.

Interested?  Just select the ORRe button at the top right of the 'tc' home page and find what you are missing.............

post-19290-0-30144800-1452596740_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Are the pics the same as Tommy Sandhams book?

Hi,

None of the pics were used in my old mate Tommy Sandham's book - the majority of photos in ORRe have NEVER been published before.

Incidentally, Tommy left his production editor's desk at TMX very close to the time that I got fed up with writing one thing then seeing it totally changed before it appeared in print by other publishers, and we joined forces to produce my very first published book - and we've been good friends ever since.

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

"As an appetiser I am attaching a very small section of a complete offside view of Rob Shepherd on what we believe was his first Honda (there are NO distracting watermarks in the magazine). The photograph was taken by my respected colleague, Barry Robinson."

Offside??

"As an appetiser I am attaching a very small section of a complete offside view of Rob Shepherd on what we believe was his first Honda (there are NO distracting watermarks in the magazine). The photograph was taken by my respected colleague, Barry Robinson."

Offside??

I've never understood the offside rule either !

• Like 1

Offside??

Hi,

I totally agree - I have no idea what prompted me to put 'offside' when I meant 'side-on' - probably my old mate Al Tseimer suggested it..........

I refer to the Photographic Imagery laws as relevant to this case, m'lud:

"When a photograph is presented of a vehicle in forward motion and said image depicts a view of the left side of the vehicle, that image is deemed to be a nearside view. Wrongful description of that view as being an offside view may attract corrective input from pedants on Trialscentral".

• Like 1

I refer to the Photographic Imagery laws as relevant to this case, m'lud:

"When a photograph is presented of a vehicle in forward motion and said image depicts a view of the left side of the vehicle, that image is deemed to be a nearside view. Wrongful description of that view as being an offside view may attract corrective input from pedants on Trialscentral".

I plead guilty - but claim insanity to be considered before sentencing............oh, another mitigating consideration - I will not be able to use the correct full nearside view from in the clink...........

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2