Transporting Bike In A Car

petorius

People carriers are very good, but you have to drop the bars to get bike in. Seats are easily removed in VW, Seat, Ford derivatives, but are bulky and heavy.

You can have four seats in with the bike in the middle.

You don't have to drop bars in Espace IV :).

post-22265-0-25120500-1456181877_thumb.jpg

Edited by aku
  • Like 1

Ended up having a change of plan, looked at changing my girlfriends car for Berlingo or similar, endless discreet hints and persuasive comments fell on deaf ears and female stubbornness prevailed. I now have a bike rack fitted to her Jeep Cherokee and a Honda Civic tourer coming.

"I would be looking for a four seater vehicle as I would have to have this for work"

That rules out all the van versions of Berlingos, Connects, Doblos etc. because they are two seaters. If you are looking at the "people carrier" type versions you will be needing to remove seats to get the bike into them in one piece.

Not so.  One bike fits in a Doblo without any seats needing to be removed.  This may also be the case with the later, longer, Berlingo.

And even if you removed one seat in the Doblo that would still leave four seats.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

You don't have to drop bars in Espace IV :).

attachicon.gifWP_20150111_15_06_08_Pro.jpg

Aku, thank you for posting that. I'm looking at MPV options for transporting a trials bike and your post and picture is very helpful.

Could you please (1) say what your bike model is, and (2) whether you had any difficulty getting it in the back  (in particular with the clearance between the top of the door and the top of the bars when putting it in)?

Thanks!

Hi!

1. It's 2014 Sherco ST 300.

2.There is just enough clearance between bars and roof when putting it in. 5 cm higher bike would not fit. I don't have any difficulties getting it in the back. It takes a 15 seconds (loading) + 5 minutes for attaching straps.

Greetings,

Andrzej