Second Bike?

johnnyboxer

There is the saying:

A gentleman should have some bikes, (can't have enough if you are obsessed in this matter).

Anyway as older the bike as more different is the ride.

A monoshock is quite nice but today can't be ridden in every classic event. With a true twinshock you have a broder choice.

As older the bike as less it matters which one you choose, it's really up to you. The bike should fit your personal requirement's and taste

• Like 1

I saw that 315 - but decided against another as I'd had 2 and preferred the 4RT to the 315

Got a weird hankering for a TYZ though

You wont have seen this one as it's never been advertised, nice bike, never seen a rock.

Know of a very nice pink ty mono, it was nice bike before it was restored, even nicer now.

Have a 4RT and love it. Liked the 'idea' of a twin shock but found a TL heavy and disppointing. Rode a TLR00 and was very disappointed ( but still lovthe look). Fell out of live with twin shocks soon after. So my second bike now is a Beta125 2011. I find its a lively learning tool and has helped me be more agressive when I ride the 4RT. It is light, reliable and fun. Did I say it was light"

Edited by ross brown
  • Like 1

Have a 4RT and love it. Liked the 'idea' of a twin shock but found a TL heavy and disppointing. Rode a TLR00 and was very disappointed ( but still lovthe look). Fell out of live with twin shocks soon after. So my second bike now is a Beta125 2011. I find its a lively learning tool and has helped me be more agressive when I ride the 4RT. It is light, reliable and fun. Did I say it was light"

That's a good point Ross

I had a proper original Godden Majesty 200 until about 8 years ago & always favoured the modern bikes as the brakes & chassis/suspension was crap in comparison & had a TLR200 as well

I guess we forget how far modern bikes have come on, in 30 years

Your choices of second bike sounds like you are looking for a trip down the memory lane..................................................do the opposite to have fun .....get a modern 125 its a challenge to ride one and ITS FUN.

It will probablly cost less aswell.

I went down memory lane, 8-10 years ago with a TLR & Majesty and they weren't as good as we THOUGHT they were in the 1980's... perhaps I shouldn't bother again

Edited by johnnyboxer