Montesa 4Rt Starting Issue

gassa1

Hi, I've recently bought a 2015 4rt which I'm having a problem starting when cold, once it's warm it seems to start no problem but seems to tick over quite high, could anyone give me any advice on this problem and also tell me what RPM it should run at? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Well I get to join the club of starting issues...

Bike was running fine, small tip over off a log about 3' up just after getting up on top of it. I wasn't able to get to the bike in time and what seemed to be the bank angle sensor killed the bike. Next thing I know the bike won't start no spark even with the bank angle sensor disconnected.

As a doublecheck by disconnecteing the kill switch, changed the spark plug, and made sure my throttle cable had the correct play. But still no luck, no spark.

Did you link the 2 outside wires together in the block connectork? Has it filled the airhox with the contents of the engine?

Link the outside connectors of the bank angle sensor block?  guess i missed a step if so.  and can give that a try. 

Wasn't on its side long enough to fill the air box, engine stopped just as i picked it up.

Edited by jonnyc21

Update... I now have spark but it still isn't starting.  Seems like it isn't getting fuel.  

Anyone know what voltage the fuel pump works on?  12V?

Now that I know I have spark I need other thoughts on what might have stopped working.

Update... I now have spark but it still isn't starting. Seems like it isn't getting fuel.

Anyone know what voltage the fuel pump works on? 12V?

Now that I know I have spark I need other thoughts on what might have stopped working.

Whereabouts in the world are you??