Pol Tarres Signs For Trs Motorcycles.

gasgas249uk

Pol is now fully recovered from his leg injury which he incurred early in the 2015 season . He had trained hugely both on and of the bike and I believe his riding looks stronger than ever.

I think this is the year Pol will prove himself and as a sponsor and friend I hope he does ride well and show us what he can do

• Like 1

I hope so Crazy. Pol Needs a good year this year to prove without injury that he is improving. Trs won't just carry him. Sure there are benefits to having your uncle as the R and D boss but this deal didn't come as easy as we might imagine.

He has to prove himself. 80,000 euro (as I was told by very experienced team manager)including minder for one trial season is a lot of investment and the factory need results.

Sooooo I hope to see an improved rider .... but track side talk is easy. Good luck Pol

• Like 1

I dont think that very expensive. Myself driving the WTC would cost considerably more (+- 10 new frames, frontforks, helmets etc , lol)

Just some costs a rider would make (and also for at least one minder):

Travel (bus and plane)

Transport

Hotels

Licence and starting fees.

Bike costs including consumables, tyres etc.

I dont know if they are seen as employees and also get training hours compensated or something, dont know how it works at trial sports.

Good luck! Hopefully he can finish the season healthy and measure himself with the bests.

Edited by crazybond700

80 k after his track record is fantastic. Its a shame someone like Ewan Roberts isnt given this chance.

So right .The spaces on the trials circuit are so limited and getting smaller as the years tick by.

If it wasn't for these small independent marque's the World Championship entries would be so much smaller.

Interesting figures.

Is €80k the cost to TRS of running Pol for the season? As opposed to what Pol stands to earn?

Looked at as a business case, Pol's presence on the team would need to generate something in the order of 200 additional bike sales (1) to repay the investment.

(1) My estimate is based on ~ €400 margin per bike.

Edited by neils on wheels

However suchs a case is almost not calculatable. Maybe bikes are sold 5 years from now, because of one video made now by a single great ride.. In such ''small'' businesses its really just guessing.

You can also ask what would it do to the business if you arent there? and pointing everyting to Raga only is also possibly danagerous.

Edited by crazybond700