Montesa 4Rt Air Filter

gassa1

Hi

What's the best air filter to use in a 4RT and can it be use without the mesh guard, I know Jitsie and twin air make them but I've been told the filter will be sucked into the engine if you don't put the guard on. Thanks

Hi

What's the best air filter to use in a 4RT and can it be use without the mesh guard, I know Jitsie and twin air make them but I've been told the filter will be sucked into the engine if you don't put the guard on. Thanks

That's bollox, I've been using the Jitsie filter for 8 years now without the flame guard and I'd like to know how it would get past the throttle body if ever it did suck through?

You'd need a heck of a sook to tear the filter material apart where it is held down by the airbox top, which is what would have to happen.  If you think about it, for any given period of running, there's twice as many chances for a filter to be drawn in on a twostroke and I can't imagine it has ever happened.

jitsie all the way. I did have a standard filter get sucked into the throttle body many years ago, it was probably past its best and not seated correctly without the flame guard. Quite amusing at the time.

Edited by jrsunt
  • Like 1

jitsie all the way. I did have a standard filter get sucked into the throttle body many years ago, it was probably past its best and not seated correctly without the flame guard. Quite amusing at the time.

Bet the throttle response got pretty bad ! .....  :)