300Rr Road Insurance

billycraig

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question further to the above.  Does the new ACU RTA insurance fully cover riding on the road for ACU affiliated trials? ...subject to the rider holding their £10 trials membership. :)

For many years the ACU has provided Road Traffic Act insurance cover for riders in events that have included the use of the public highway.  With this, until now the Organisers have had to collect premiums from Riders during the Signing On process and the Competitors have been asked to complete and sign additional forms and declarations – this was a necessary evil to ensure the RTA cover was in place and applicable to that event.

We say ‘until now’ but not anymore! – this has now all changed.  The RTA cover is still in place but following discussions with our Insurers, the ACU have arranged third party RTA Insurance as a blanket cover across the whole Membership to cover any competitor, marshal or Official signed on for an ACU permitted event which will allow them to use any motor vehicle in connection with the event in areas of the event where the Road Traffic Act is deemed to be applicable.   

So what does all this mean?  Well, in layman’s terms with effect 1st January 2016, the RTA cover will be provided in the same way as our Public Liability and other insurance covers. That is to say that the Rider, Marshal or Official signs on at an event and the cover is automatically in place.  Furthermore, the RTA cover comes at no extra cost to the Organiser – this cover is provided free of charge as the ACU has decided to cover the annual premium for this cover at no extra cost to the Organiser or the competitor. 

ACU Chairman Brian Higgins commented, “The ACU has provided RTA cover for a number of years, but we were mindful of the additional work this placed on Event Secretaries during Signing On and whilst this was a necessity, the method of providing RTA insurance to our Organisers was cumbersome. We also felt that by having to declare the need to buy cover, some riders were not adequately covered for third party risk.  The blanket cover we now provide will ensure that every person at an event, ie. the rider, the marshal, the Official has the RTA cover in place automatically.  This measure will again allow our Clubs and Promoters to have a better night’s sleep knowing the cover is in place as a matter of course”.

• 1 year later...

Had a similar thing with my 4Ride carol nash said they don't know the model  just list the Rt 250 an Rt260 said they would look into getting it on there list of models then I called the lot  could not find a company that had the model on there books and would touch it so went with Msm Ho boy they like to charge but I needed it so it cost more 3rd party fire theft for that one bike than a TTR 250 XR250 And 17k Harley fullcomp on one policy with carol nash  felt like I had been ass raped must call carol nash see how they are getting on putting the 4ride on there list as I'm not going back for seconds next year

Pug

still struggling with this one -MSM currently my only option and are quiet expensive.

300rr does not appear on the list - 4ride is on there now

Anybody got confirmed quotes for a 300rr from any of the normal insurance companies?

• 1 year later...

Yes carol nash did the 4ride this year adding it to the rest of my bikes cost me £90 to ad fully comp MSN last year think it was £260 3rd party fire theft made me feel better she only did 200 miles in the year cost me £1.30 a mile insurance like I said felt like I had been ass raped.

Pug