Talmag 2016

laird387

Hi ttspud

"Deryk, not sure if you know of, but second lap, after Hungry Hill, stopped and a chap called Giles Walley (I think) said he knew well the bike that I was riding......"

I reckon this is a picture, taken at the 1983 Talmag of, L to R, Sammy Miller, Julian Wigg and Giles Walley?

PHOTO:  MICK CLARKSON

Enjoy. 

(Mick has since shown the photo to Giles, who said: "Sorry, not me........"

post-19290-0-49069600-1454413545_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi Deryk,

Thank you for posting that, brilliant find, yes, that's the chap!!!  He knew more about my own bike than I did! (I sent you an email, to your offroarchive gmail, with the AJS reg instead because I couldn't figure out pm)!!

All the very best,

TTSpud

Hi Garry,

I've already answered your email........you could be lucky......

Enjoy

Deryk

Hi Deryk & Charlie,

Deryk, ok, brilliant.. I am guessing that you found some piccies for me!!?? Thank you so much for looking.

Any news on the winner

And YES, results are out, a big congratulations to Roger Higgs for (once again) achieving the feat of winning the Talmag 2016 on an original pre-65 bike in difficult wet conditions against a raft of massively highly modified (non-pre65 in all honesty) bikes such as Charlie posted above as I guess Ben may also have been riding!!!

As I say, if a guy on a 140kg bike beats a guy on a 90kg bike, then you have been THRASHED!!!!

Anyway, a brilliant day out,

All the best,

TTSpud

Edited by ttspud

Hi Deryk and Charlie,

Deryk, ok, brilliant.. I am guessing that you found some piccies for me!!?? Thank you so much for looking.

And YES, results are out, a big congratulations to Roger Higgs for (once again) achieving the feat of winning the Talmag 2016 on an original pre-65 bike in difficult wet conditions against a raft of massively highly modified (non-pre65 in all honesty) bikes such as Charlie posted above as I guess Ben may also have been riding!!!

As I say, if a guy on a 140kg bike beats a guy on a 90kg bike, then you have been THRASHED!!!!

Anyway, a brilliant day out,

All the best,

TTSpud

Kg ? Kg ? surely you mean 308 lbs and 198 lbs  :popcorn:

• Like 1

Hi Guy's.

Hi Deryk.

Is your iMac trying to tell you what to do too?

I threaten to throw mine out through the "Windows" several times a day.

Takes me hours trying to find the photos, it hides, and have to move them to pictures to get them online.

Too Bl**dy clever, my central heating computer is trying the same trick at the moment,

I have got to get back to building bikes.

Regards Charlie. PS more good news on the "TRAD" front I will mail you.