Big John

perce

The two bidders slugging it out for the TLR are HondaRS, late of this forum, and motoplastique who bids on every Honda on ebay I think. HondaRS has his nose in front at the moment pushing the price ever higher, which is ironic given his criticism of the prices TLRs made and opinion that a 240 Fantic was a far superior bike for less money... :)

It's a straight enough bike from what can be seen in the pictures, certainly not immaculate by any means but nonetheless, looks like it could set a new high for a TLR250

My thoughts exactly. I never realised there are some many people out there who enjoy riding around fields. The bike must have real good fuel consumption because why else would they be bidding? tongue.gif

Don't know what you are riding 'Spud' but I know it wont be worth more than its original purchase price 15 or 20 years from now. A lot of people have realised that Honda TLR 250's provide a 'fun' trials bike which you can compete on for a few years (whether in twin shock trials or normal trials) costing you virtually nothing over that time then sell and get your money back.

Wonder how many Gas Gas's are still going 15 years from now?

My thoughts exactly. I never realised there are some many people out there who enjoy riding around fields. The bike must have real good fuel consumption because why else would they be bidding? tongue.gif

Don't know what you are riding 'Spud' but I know it wont be worth more than its original purchase price 15 or 20 years from now. A lot of people have realised that Honda TLR 250's provide a 'fun' trials bike which you can compete on for a few years (whether in twin shock trials or normal trials) costing you virtually nothing over that time then sell and get your money back.

Wonder how many Gas Gas's are still going 15 years from now?

I'm riding a Gasser, a 05 Raga baby at that!

You wouldn't happen to be a Honda rider by any chance? I used to own a Honda, we parted company when it left its mark on me. What mark you might ask? "Chocolate Cams". You know the one's, they were fitted to the, VF's, VT bike ranges. :D

Nearly forgot.....15years from now i've booked a date in diary to have mass Gas Gas bike rally to your front door. You could join in but one stipulation, "no chocolate".

Edited by spud

• 2 weeks later...
Nearly forgot.....15years from now i've booked a date in diary to have mass Gas Gas bike rally to your front door. You could join in but one stipulation, "no chocolate".

Wonder how long your 05 Raga special Gas Gas will keep going - what is it they say one Six days trial and they are worn out?. They are lovely to ride (for a 2 stroke) when they are going though I must admit.

Older Gas Gas trials bikes seem to be very thin on the ground, old Fantics & Yamahas you see but not Gas Gas.

There are a lot of TLR200 and TLR250 Hondas still running well - the youngest is going to be 10 - 15 years old now.

I suspect the % of TLR Hondas still running is higher than the percentage of 5 year old Gas Gas's still running.

I do know what you are getting at with chocolate cams- some early 80's Hondas did have a bad reputation. Yes I do have a couple of TLR Hondas and might be slightly biased - as you are in favour of your Gas Gas - there is no doubt that the gas gas is a much more competetive bike but there is one major problem that is it is a 2 stroke!!!.