4Rt Hotstart

menglovekai

Hi .I just got a 20hr  of 2011 4RT Repsol  from my friends 
The bike is in near perfect condition , I did all the oil change , spark plug changed , valve clearance checked , coolant level checked.
It is very easy to start when cold .normally 1-3  slow and smooth kick.  (

But when  engine get hot after 1 hour of continuous practice (mostly short hill climbing, crossing gaps,trackstand) no sign of sluggish during ride at all. 
but If the motor stop it won't start again. 

I did reset the ECU  , check the plug (spark and dry) , no smell of gas when start . still cannot start.
engine sometime fireup for a few stroke and die . not touch the throttle. 
Air temperature 30 degree C, 

I have to wait 10 minutes and the motor start at the first kick .  

Do you have any experience why i can not do the hot start? 

Thanks.

(I'm not good in English but i try to explain) 

post-22255-0-37129700-1454388892_thumb.jpg

Edited by menglovekai

When the problem occur. I'm also try to remove the air filter  but nothing happen. 

I test the "Bank angle sensor" by lean the bike down til footpeg touch the ground . The engine stop around six seconds on both side. 

Edited by menglovekai

Is the water pump good and the coolant circulating ok?

Mine has done the same after an hour or so but air temperature was 42c

Yes, I touch the waterpump cover and i feel the heat . 

The cooling fan seems ok . It start and stop periodically  then steady ON  after the engine get hot.

This is what i have done yesterday .

1. Change spark plug .
2. Check and Clean all connector (Found 1 pin dirty at the Rectifier)
3. Turn Aircrew out 1/8 turn to increase the Idle.

I can sometimes start the engine when hot . But when the problem occured , the engine run for a 1-2 seconds and stop  

( which manual say it was about the bank angle sensor )
but if i wait about 5-10 minutes .It start normally.  

Next step I will bypass the bank angle sensor.  

Thanks for your suggestion. :D

post-22255-0-45403300-1454506710_thumb.jpg

Edited by menglovekai

When did the problem appear for the first time? Only after you have got the machine and have screwed onto it or already with the previous owner?

If the previous owner has had no problems with it, you should check / repeat everything what you have touched and changed.

By the way: check the tank ventilation. It does not fit really to the mistake description, however, it is good over and over again for surprises...

When did the problem appear for the first time? Only after you have got the machine and have screwed onto it or already with the previous owner?

If the previous owner has had no problems with it, you should check / repeat everything what you have touched and changed.

By the way: check the tank ventilation. It does not fit really to the mistake description, however, it is good over and over again for surprises...

Previous owner ride this bike around 20 hr. in 4 years , Mostly parking . Start at first kick ,Quiet engine , Engine oil which fill from factory still look nice.(never change the engine oil) . 

First i just do the oil change , brake fluid change  and go for a short quick ride  which is no problem at all. No touching any electrical component.

But  the next day , About 45 minutes of continuous ride , I noticed the problem then I just keep riding it everyday for 3 weeks  to repeat the problem . Yes , It can not HotStart .

I 'm also check the all sensor resistance . All  resistance were in spec.

The tank ventilation is OK . I changed new fuel cap , rubber seal and new hose . No pressure build up in the tank during ride.

thanks.

Edited by menglovekai

BAS remove .  Problem still there.  T_T 

First 30 mins of ride. I try engine's stop and start severals times . easy to hotstart.

about 45 mins of ride.Here come the problem.

I have to wait  5-10 mins after that the engine start at first kick .